rF2 Classics F3 Revenge @ Mid-Ohio - Sunday 7th July 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Another awesomely fun rF2 race with a strong field.

Just want to apologize profusely for my failure to get going on the start. What happened is I was debating my fuel setting (which I clearly got wrong) and joined the grid with just a few seconds to spare. I left my shifter in gear (always do) and auto-clutch was off, so the car immediately stalled. I realized it quickly and hit the starter. I almost escaped out and maybe should have, but I thought it would start in time. I think I finally had throttle control about 3 tenths after the lights went out, so it caused some drama.

Great job by everyone behind for avoiding that. rF2 doesn't go through the starter routine when you join the grid, which is different than when you start in the pit lane. Since I spend the vast majority of time in practice sessions, I'm conditioned to not worry about leaving the shifter in gear until the starter routine begins, at which point I check it and put it in neutral or just hold the clutch in.

Anyway, sorry again. It was exhilerating trying to make my way through the field and props to everyone for very clean racing all the way through. I got it wrong once trying to outbrake someone at the end of the long straight and they were very heads-up and gave me plenty of room so there was no contact. Sorry and thanks!

I couldn't believe I was able to run Pete down and actually get by. It seemed like we were both struggling a bit on the worn tires. The tire wear is very cool in these cars. I was having to be much more careful with throttle application, and I kept overheating the left sides trying to catch Pete.

In the end it mattered not, as with about 4 minutes to go I realized I wouldn't have enough fuel to finish. I wasn't completely sure so I tried to make it but finally had to stop when it read 0 liters in the tank. 1 lap short.

Congrats again to Pete and the rest of the podium!

Mostly fun race for me today. It was only to short for me to get to the real fun stuff :)

q: Had one nice q-lap that put me on p3 on the grid

r: Start was bad for some reason; I suppose my first gear was too long for this or something like that, as I got away normaly even with Matt standing there for a while right in front of me, but still lost 3 positions :sick:

After that I tried for a long time to pass Aleksi, pretty much on every single corner for many laps; somehow it was never enough to completly go by as the track is very narrow and there wasn't any space most times.
When going side by side into turn2 my car became unstable over a high curb and I lost the car into the wide grass-area :mad:

A couple of places down more, I just pushed to the end now, this time for some reason passing the 3 cars in front of me rather fast.

With 10mins to go I had 10sec to Axel to catch him, so that was not really possible; but funny enough I got right behind his bumper for the last turn of the race and also into 2secs to Pete who along with Matt had some fuel probs at the end.
So race was over when my mine was about to really start :cry:

Had still a good time catching up at the end though.

Thanks for racing guys and cu next time :)

edit: Also sorry to Tamas for the small tap at the beginning. I'm glad that you stayed on track after that happened ;)

What a fantastic race that was! I took an incredible start rising from p10 to p2 in the first lap but that didn't last too long. My car setup was terrible for quali so I went to default setup with minor modifications but that was even worse for the race. Massive understeer everywhere. Tried to fight but I was too slow and the tires didnt last very long. (front tires under 2 bars in finnish.) Finished 6th and I'm happy with that.

Thanks to everyone for clean and fun racing!

Well that has to go down as the greatest race iv ever had and best win. Thanks everyone.

I got 2nd in qualy behind Matt but got a shocking start and was bumped down to 5th by the chicane. I sat on Philipp's gearbox for a lap or so and passed him into the last corner then set off after Tamas i think. I got him when he slid wide and thought that would be my lot.

I spent a couple of laps trying to calm down and stop sweating then set off after Axel and was suprised i could catch him within a few laps. We sat nose to tail for a lap or 2 until he made a slight mistake in the chicane and i went for it round the outside of the following hairpin.

I started to pull away nicely but the laps catching Axel had ruined my tyres and i was a sitting duck for when Matt came calling. I did well to keep him behind me for a while, but i finally made a slight mistake under the bridge near the end of the lap and he was through.

I sat behind him for a lap then got my braking totally wrong after the long straight and just slid into the side of him. So sorry for that Matt, it was heat of the moment stuff! Thankfully i think he saw me coming and the damage was only to my tyres, which ended up like 50 pence pieces. I struggled on after that with massive wheel vibration and a lap or so from the end realised i was short on fuel, then i saw Matt pulling off so i was gifted 1st place again.

I pushed until the long straight on the last lap when my fuel counter read 0/0 and somehow managed to ghost it round the rest of the lap on fumes and win by just a second over Axel.

Thanks again for the great racing everyone, to come away with a win against you guys in these cars, and with a touch of contact, well it means alot. Makes me want to join a league for these things too......

Any takers for that?

Thought because we had only just done a race here that I could get away with hardly any practice, was wrong on that one :rolleyes: couldn't really get a decent lap together so started near the back.

Got spun by someone going up my inside at the start and dropped to the back. A couple of laps later coming into sector 2 I seen cars scattered all over the place and only just managed to avoid a car that had stopped over the brow of the hill. Managed to complete a couple of more laps before losing it and going into the wall. Not my best race but looking forward to the Meganes and GT's next week where I will be prepared a tad better :D

Oh and don't reverse back onto track while there are cars coming please, especially when it's the apex to a corner. You ruined someone's race and luckily there were not any more. If you find yourself in a position like that, wait until everyone has passed and then rejoin.

Thought because we had only just done a race here that I could get away with hardly any practice, was wrong on that one :rolleyes: couldn't really get a decent lap together so started near the back.

Got spun by someone going up my inside at the start and dropped to the back. A couple of laps later coming into sector 2 I seen cars scattered all over the place and only just managed to avoid a car that had stopped over the brow of the hill. Managed to complete a couple of more laps before losing it and going into the wall. Not my best race but looking forward to the Meganes and GT's next week where I will be prepared a tad better :D

Lol you stole my strategy! But it somehow worked for me. At least I know the track very well that helps a lot. I must say I got very consistent lap times to find anything good but I just have no idea how to drive these cars. I also had more then 70 % left on the tires so I suppose I didn´t push enough. Coming mostly from the GT cars where drifting is a no no. Overheating the tires I had no idea how to pull off :)

Got home a 7th anyway while not being able to charge anyone. Got two wheel to wheel actions but lost both :)

You still don't want to drift these cars but you can slide them a bit more than the GT cars which are on slicks. Still, my best laps look completely in control. If I get sideways very much at all then it hurts my lap time. But they are very forgiving of mistakes so you can push like hell and not lose the car, which is fun.

As for the league question, Pete, I'll join a league racing absolutely any of the ISI cars in rF2, these included.

Unlucky race.
Good start, and 2nd place, but after the chicane i took the corner wild and a car moved for the inside line, i got pushed on the exit, lost my advantege for a better accelaration, and arrived in a sandwitch to the end of the long straight. Again a push just before the breaking zone, i tried to survive and with a few bumps i made it:)
I spun Philipp in lap 3, my fault sry. I expected a little more speed with that wild entry.
Wasn t catastrophic, we could still continoue with little gap to others (and i think undamaged), but in a few secs we collided 2 more times, and with the 2nd i was pushed back into the middle of the track, where i collected another car. Sorry for that, couldn t do anything about it. Was really crazy.
I went out for repair, almost 2 mins, plus lots of fuel, so after some laps i retired.
I hope i ll have more luck next time.
Thx for all for the race!

(np Dino :) )

I suggest a little more caution when rejoining the track after a crash. At least wait for other cars to go past you before coming or pushing another car back on track at the apex of the corner. It was quite an unpleasant surprise to be faced with a car driving in the wrong direction behind that bump in the turn 2 of 2nd sector. Luckily I could just avoid those cars because I was taking notice of the yellow flags.

My race went wrong at the first lap. Cold tyres plus a little too much pushig aren't a good combo :p Battled my way up to 5th in the finish though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.