1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Circuits of the World: Adelaide Street Circuit

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Dec 15, 2012.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I loved that track in the old Playstation Formula One game. :D

3. I live in Adelaide - I wish I had the skills to do a PROPER scratch built version of this great track (ie. GPS and Laser Scanned)..

4. Nice to see a review of my hometown track :D

Just one little note though - the article states the following:
    This isn't entirely correct - the "Victoria Park" section of the track is a small purpose built section between turns 12 and 3 of the GP track or turns 10 and 3 of the V8SC track... You can go and have a run or ride your bicycle around there though :p

Just FYI :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shawdad

Shawdad
    PSN ID: Shawdad

Exactly what I was thinking. This was one of my favorites along with Interlagos.

6. yeah... and don't forget the "Save the Parklands" clowns that vitoed a permanent grandstand and pit facility costing tax payers $3 million/year for set up/tear down costs FM :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Lest not forget Argentina (Autódromo Juan y Oscar Gálvez).

:)

8. I had no idea about that. I was under the assumption that all of it was part of the public streets. I'll try to get it fixed. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's alright, not everyone would know unless they lived/had been there.

10. The article states:

Adelaide Street Circuit is no longer used in Fomula 1. It won’t come back either.

Why is this? is it because its not safe enough (i.e. barriers too close to the track) or is it just because of money and facilities? Or is it purely because Albert Park currently does a good enough job?