F1 2012 Cheats

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I've recently started racing again in F1 2012 after a leave of 3 months. I wouldn't say I'm the best driver out there, but I can hold my own against most of the front row people in random online races.

The past few races though, I've noticed racers (3 so far) with lap times faster than what I thought possible (and for what I think to be possible I reference to the videos posted by some of the best drivers on this forum). Not only are they faster, they're faster with some very bad driving. They're literally all over the place, missing apexes, sliding, locking up etc. Still they manage to beat my laptimes by a second or so. They also seem to be able to take corners way tighter than I thought possible at the usual speeds.

First I thought they might be lagging because they were moving all over the place, but that wouldn't explain the laptimes. I also heard people using PS3/Xbox controllers are considerably faster than wheel users (I've got a logitech G27). Don't know if that's true though, I don't own a controller.

So should I give those wackos the benefit of doubt or is there some kind of grip hack out there?

Have you got any examples of lap times? I can let you know if they are too fast.

Also no, pads are not faster than wheels however some people are faster with pad than a wheel and a pad can give you perfect grip but then so can a wheel if you know how to use it correctly and a wheel will always be more accurate.

Last time I had my suspicions about someone was at a Brasil 25% race, where a guy did a fastest lap of 1.08.500(ish) on prime tyres during the race (dry conditions), about halfway in the race.

I'll write down the times and names next time.

Last time I had my suspicions about someone was at a Brasil 25% race, where a guy did a fastest lap of 1.08.500(ish) on prime tyres during the race (dry conditions), about halfway in the race.

I'll write down the times and names next time.
Well if that is weird, my lap time in Q with prime tyres is 1,09,6 and in race with the option tyres at the end (25%), 1'11'6 more or less. 1,08 in race with prime... very weird:O_o:

Codemasters could avoid online cheating easily with a server and a file check system like in literally every other sim racing game.

Thats why I again for the third year in a row tried to bring it to their attention here that we need server support but I am sure talking to a wall gives you more fruitful results.

Exactly the reason why I dont race this game online anymore with all those mods available.

Codemasters could avoid online cheating easily with a server and a file check system like in literally every other sim racing game.

Thats why I again for the third year in a row tried to bring it to their attention here that we need server support but I am sure talking to a wall gives you more fruitful results.

Exactly the reason why I dont race this game online anymore with all those mods available.
Surely the BIGGEST oversight & easiest to fix would be to automatically ghost all cars 1 lap down. This would completely stop the rammers who wait for you to come round again after you have overtaken them & ram you off the road into the next corner.

Surely the BIGGEST oversight & easiest to fix would be to automatically ghost all cars 1 lap down. This would completely stop the rammers who wait for you to come round again after you have overtaken them & ram you off the road into the next corner.
It wouldn't stop people using mods though mate. (i.e. ultimate grip mod, realistic handling mod) etc etc
Thing is all the files to the game are kept on the users PC... so modding the files is easy.

With a dedicated server, the files are kept on the server and the user accesses the files on the server, which in turn means you cannot modify the files as you wouldn't have those sorts of permissions :)

And a file check system also checks for modified files etc

It wouldn't stop people using mods though mate. (i.e. ultimate grip mod, realistic handling mod) etc etc
Thing is all the files to the game are kept on the users PC... so modding the files is easy.

With a dedicated server, the files are kept on the server and the user accesses the files on the server, which in turn means you cannot modify the files as you wouldn't have those sorts of permissions :)

And a file check system also checks for modified files etc
No, but it would stop the issue I pointed out, chum.

Wow, Bram, you were always such a defender of the Codies F1 games, what happened?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.