1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Changing my Steam name?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Sandis Roginskis, Jan 20, 2009.

1. as to change
    Account Name: RockDead2007 to Sandis Roginskis??

me reluctance from new NO NO :( let bend friends steam

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I don't understnad Sandis

3. :pissed-off::pissed-off:

4. If you mean what I think, try clicking on "Friends" at the bottom of the main steam window, click on the arrow by your name and choose "Set Friends Name..." :)

Although I'm not sure if you were asking that or directions to the train station :confused2:

5. I think he's asking if he has to change his Steam name to his real name like with his forum account.

If that's right, I don't think you need to change your Steam account. I didn't even know you could do that.

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

no spaces aloud in steam id's

7. If it's abount name of steam account than there is no option to change that by option in steam

8. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

You can't change your STEAM account name.

To change your FRIENDS name, go to the community tab, click on "Edit my Profile" and change your profile name, then click save...sorted.

9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Sandis, try Steam support and ask them to change that name.

At the rest: your steam name is also your competition name in simbin competitions (like last years v-wtcc). So if you have registered Steam with the name IamTheLuckyLoser75 that name will also end up on leaderboards etc etc :D

10. here nothing let bend RockDead2007 :D

11. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

12. yeah Thank You Bram

13. besides your steam account name like mine weedzi there was a option to allow a nickname for you friendlist...

open steam >> click options >> click friends >> enter nickname :beer:

14. nooo friends. in games :)

15. in the game you can have a nickname but like somebody said earlyer sometimes the take your steam name for official things. that you cant change.....

in GTR evo you have a track name you can insert check all the options it has to be somewhere,,, i did it :D:clap: