AMS2 Caterham Supersport @ Ibarra, Thursday 18th April

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
ss200437-jpg.655366

Come join us this Thursday for another run out in the Caterham, this time around one of the most scenic tracks in AMS2. Autódromo Internacional José Tobar, aka Ibarra

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #2 Thursday Fun
Server Password: PM will be sent on sign up
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Ibarra
Cars: Caterham Supersport

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

DurationUTCGMTCET
Practice30 mins18:0019:0020:00
Qualifying15 mins18:3019:3020:30
Race 125 mins18:5019:5020:50
Qualifying / Break5 mins19:2020:2021:20
Race 225 mins19:3020:3021:30

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Entry List

1. GeekyDeaks
  2. abecede
  3. CK1249
  4. max1966i
  5. Redvaliant
  6. Free Spot
  7. Free Spot
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot

Last edited:
I am most likely out for Thursday. While cleaning (wasn’t me!) someone stepped on the radiator and aforementioned came off the wall. Power supply and VR cable are history. Jury still out on the 4080.

So sad, this would have been the highlight of my week.

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpeg
    IMG_4692.jpeg
    525.1 KB · Views: 16
I am most likely out for Thursday. While cleaning (wasn’t me!) someone stepped on the radiator and aforementioned came off the wall. Power supply and VR cable are history. Jury still out on the 4080.

So sad, this would have been the highlight of my week.
ouch. I bet that was a fright for whomever was standing on it! Were they ok? Those wall mounts don't look particularly robust against twisting though. I'm more familiar with the type that you lower the radiator onto, and the entire mount against the wall would have to come off to have the same issue.

Last edited:
ouch. I bet that was a fright for whomever was standing on it! Were they ok? Those wall mounts don't look particularly robust against twisting though. I'm more familiar with the type that you lower the radiator onto, and the entire mount against the wall would have to come off to have the same issue.
Thank you all for the kind wishes. Don't really know what happened. The experts came over yesterday and he said, he has never seen something like this and does not know how it happened (unpartial, company other than the ones who had installed it in the first place).

VR cable might arrive today, so there is a slight chance I may be able to join. Had to switch VR cable and PC power supply. Adds up to 300 so far. Original HP USB-C to USB-A dongle for VR is also dead. Hope the generic china dongle works. Otherwise I won't make it.

Cheers, hope seeing you tonight.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind wishes. Don't really know what happened. The experts came over yesterday and he said, he has never seen something like this and does not know how it happened (unpartial, company other than the ones who had installed it in the first place).

VR cable might arrive today, so there is a slight chance I may be able to join. Had to switch VR cable and PC power supply. Adds up to 300 so far. Original HP USB-C to USB-A dongle for VR is also dead. Hope the generic china dongle works. Otherwise I won't make it.

Cheers, hope seeing you tonight.
Hope your "Haushaltsversicherung" helps you out there. That's a good example why such insurance exists (at least here in Austria)

hi guys, do you know if anything is planned for the upcoming week? My heating is back up and computer is also running again.
I'm going to try and get something posted tonight! Just been a bit busy this weekend....

Oh and glad to hear your technical woes are resolved.... how much did it cost in the end?

Last edited:
I'm going to try and get something posted tonight! Just been a bit busy this weekend....

Oh and glad to hear your technical woes are resolved.... how much did it cost in the end?
Hi Scott, at present, the experts were here for probably three hours. I suppose somewhere in the 250-300 EUR range for them + new power brick 200 EUR + new HP Reverb G2 6m cable 77 EUR. 500-600 total at present. Installation was done faulty by previous company. Will try to get some money out of them. will check with legal counsel on Monday what can be done. @abecede : thanks a lot for the Hinweis for the Hausratversicherung. I had a quick glance at my policy, but as my computer was not crashed by fire, water or an earthquake, I suppose insurance won't cover it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.