rF2 Caterham Series - Season 2 - Roadsport 140 @ Cadwell Park - Fri 14th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i'm afraid i'm going to possibly have to withdraw from this event (three sorry words... 'unrecoverable boot volume') so i'll be reformatting a new hd tonight and trying to build everything back up, but the chances of getting the wheel back on and the caterhams in and getting some useful practice in beforehand are very slim. I'll do what i can and if i'm in the server for 6pm tomorrow i'll hang around ..... fingers crossed

cheers....Paul

I just hate it when my computer pulls a stunt like that, here's a four leaf clover:clover:to bring a bit of luck :)

Well would just like to say first time in these for me and i loved it thanks

1st race Q 6 i think then could not get of the line 3 spins and a wonky wheel lol

2nd race Q 5 not a to bad start then had a spin again:mad: then hit hans as we was spining then made back some time and crosed the line 7th

good racing canit wait till next week

Thanks stu:doublethumb:

Well ive run out of ways to describe these Caterham nights,it was basically just the same as always,2x25mins of lap after lap battle racing right to the line,both races settled on last lap,so to save trying to report this,i will go make a movie to show just what goes on at your average Caterham event :).
A pleasure again sharing the track with you Toni,some fantastic side by sideys going on everywhere!.

Well done all there enjoying a combo of the year contender!.

Big Thanks Stu & RD

I think I can safely say that RD, well the Caterhams anyway, having no experience of other sections, is one of the cleanest racing venues I've yet to come across. In fact RD has made me more of a 'racer' knowing that people around you at least acknowledge your presence! What I find amazing is when a new (to me) face turns up he doesn't need to be trained up! Another terrific evenings racing for me. Great battles with Hans and others. You're all :star::star::star:

I think I can safely say that RD, well the Caterhams anyway, having no experience of other sections, is one of the cleanest racing venues I've yet to come across. In fact RD has made me more of a 'racer' knowing that people around you at least acknowledge your presence! What I find amazing is when a new (to me) face turns up he doesn't need to be trained up! Another terrific evenings racing for me. Great battles with Hans and others. You're all :star::star::star:

yes. all done in the spirit of racing club what it was ment to be in the 1st place :)

Another belting night of Cat on Cat action :good:

And here's the current standings:
standings2.gif

what a awsome night it was did a few hours befor the event ca.25 test laps to adjust the setup a bit to the needs of the track
i knowed i will be not in the pace of the leaders as Gary could run 1.3 secs faster a lap with the same setup so i was expecting
some mid field action as the time for the event came i was suprised i could run times good for 3rd or 4th and my hopes rised
in qualy1 i made some errors wich gave me 4th behind Stuart, my plan was to jump him on the start and stay as long as possible
in Garys and Tonis draft but Stuart had probaly the same plan his one worked out better :D was close on him but did again some
errors and nearly spuned it out of last turne so i dropped out of any change to get into 3rd and from then i had a verry lonely race
not able to close up on Stuart and no challange from behind. in qualy 2 i was on a awsome .32 lap till the esses where i nearly
barelrolled the car but with luck i still managed to score a time worth for 3rd the start was good a bitt better as the start of Gary
and Toni but not good enough to have a run on them so i had to lift of a bit from lap 2 Stuart was pressuring me verry hard
to get a change of 3rd and i had to concentrate to defend wich dropped me of the tail of Toni, coming up the hiss Stuart made it
besides me but i could brake later and hold the 3rd but i was knowing i wont be able to do it over the next 18 mins so i got a bit
nervous and had the one or other lock up wich gave Stuart again a change to get past me on the long uphill strait, and this time
he made it stick, giving me not realy a change to defend but at the end of the lap i came way better through the esses and as Stuart
was since he passed me early on the brakes i tryed my luck in the 2nd last turne but had to back off and cut over the green cuz
he slammed the door right into my face :)but i was right on his tail and in a good position for the uphill strait so i took of the 3rd again
of him and was driving for my life to get away from him, 2 laps later we came to the chicane and i looked up the front wheels wich coverd
me in a lot of smoke wich made stuart miss his braking completely i noticed it at the Start&finish line as i saw he is way off my tail
from then i controlled just the distance to Stuart for a save 3rd
thank you verry much Stuart for this awsome racing some verry clean but hard side by side action wich i enjoyed much

thanks to RD for hosting and Stuart for orgenizing Gratz to Gary for the dubble win

I had quite a lonely time of it last night- just wasn't quite consistent enough to threaten Michael & Stuart ahead. Had a little battle with Wayne at the start of both races (unlucky to run wide in race 2) but in race 1 i latched onto Michael after a few laps before making some mistakes, dropping back, and eventually cruising home in a lonely 5th.
In race 2, qualified 4th, but Stu got me through turns 1 + 2 after a quick start, and i tried to hang on to the back of him and Michael, but ulimately failed. Pulled a gap on the guys behind but lost concentration on several occasions and battled with Graham a few times before just sneaking 5th place again.
Thanks for all the good racing guys, even though it was possibly the quietest CAT event i've taken part in! First visit to Cadwell in any sim for me as well, it's an interesting track to say the least!

Caterham -Cadwell Park

Cats night,had a great first race an a terrible second race,
Quali in 8 place an a good start an some great fights with Ron:doublethumb:
I tell it with some pics:

Gary on pole,Toni second
Cats_001.jpg
Uphill corner:Gary-Toni-Stuart-Michael-Ross
Cats_002.jpg
Wayne-Graham-Hans-Can-Ron
Cats_003.jpg
First lap first spin,must have scared Cam
Cats_004.jpg
Gary an Toni fighting the rest of the race
Cats_005.jpg
Can off an Ron in front p9 again
Cats_006.jpg
Closing on Ron
Cats_007.jpg
How close? well so Close!
Cats_008.jpg
Wayne scaring the public
Cats_009.JPG
Change on the lead-Toni-Gary
Cats_010.jpg
Not fore long....
Cats_011.jpg
Ron on the grass, going by
Cats_012.jpg
I slipping off Ron just mist me less than a finger between I think
Cats_013.jpg
Gary first place an Toni second,Grats guys
Cats_014.jpg
Stuart on place 3
Cats_015.jpg

Race 2 Quali on p7 start ok but in lap 3 to close on Ron in Mansfield the downhill left hander ,hit Ron not hart so he could go on,but I slip of an back on track, strait in the line of Wayne shoot him on the grass , back in the middle of the track trying to go of track strait in front of Can ,he could not avoid me an hit me midship what a hassle very sorry guys :turtle:.
After that not back in my rhythm again an finn on p 9.

Thanks Stuart it was great again an thanks to the guys for racing.

Not so much a battle, as a war eh Hans? :D I wasn't sure who it was that tapped me but it gave me breathing space....for a while! Hoiw I missed you when you had your 'moment' I'll never know. :eek: It got a bit smelly in my cockpit after that I can tell you. :rolleyes:

I just hate it when my computer pulls a stunt like that, here's a four leaf clover:clover:to bring a bit of luck :)

Haha many thanks for that.....it's been a long weekend and i haven't got everything sorted quite yet (and the old hard drive's going to get 'the freezer treatment' to see if old wives tales do work, so i'll keep the four-leaf clover handy for that :) )

Looks like it was an excellent night's racing, so fingers crossed i'm all geared up again in good time for Friday :D ....... hopefully i'll see green flags and chequered flags.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back