rF2 Caterham Academy @ Portland 1998 - Fri 30th July

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm having problems loading the track. It comes up with a message saying, unable to load Skid_turn. I've tried reinstalling the track, and also created a new install but neither works. Any ideas?

EDIT: The track doesn't work for any mod and I've tried re-downloading but that hasn't helped

adam are you set to DX9 in your rfConfig box (where you set screen resolution etc..)?

edit: also sometimes adjusting the graphics levels in the game can help i.e. changing texture quality to medium from low etc..

I was set at Performance DX7 and I've tried Quality DX9 and that didn't work either. I've tried putting all the settings on Full as well (most of them already were) and still the same.

EDIT: Tried all Texture levels and its the same with all of them.

A good nights racing :D
race1: i spun on T1 and was part of the smash up (sorry the 3 or 4 people i hit) but got back to 9th place, nearly had 9th but hit gorgios so i had to let him back infront then spent the last 2 laps chasing after, nearly but no cigar i finished 9th happily :D

race2: T1 went quite well this time i managed to jump straight to 5th but got pushed off track and down to 15th so i had the nice job of chasing after whoever i could, got to 8th after a bit of chasing and very happily finished 8th right in the middle! :D Im deffinately signing up for the next caterham race!

I am sorry Stuart if I was slowing you so much in race 1, it was just for the first time when I was actually racing, side by side, fighting with someone who is not the part of the back-grid, I just couldnt help myself to just let you go, so I was defending as hard as I could, untill you passed me and went away...

Anyway, I apologize too for race 2, where I was the slowest part of top 7 and with starting from the pole... I was just running as fast as I could, in my line, giving all the rest of room to the others, so I was successfully passed by the fasters... I just couldnt understand why Ozan was flashing on me, I was giving you so much of room, you passed me but you failed to stay on the track... I was just running my lines, my time, and you did this for 2 times, so why those flashes? It is a little bit unpleasant

But I had really sweet evening tonight, thanks for this great track, I very quickly got my times improved :)

See you next time :thumb:

Well, first time out in this club and what an eye opener. Still getting used to the cats but a little more praci will see me move up a little. Nice little fight with Tim in race 1, cheers mate, and after a few hits and offs came in towards the end of the results. Race 2 was better, managed to keep the car on the island for the whole race but still got caught out by some drivers but kept it clean and brought it home. Thanks to Stu and grts to the winners & don't worry I wil be back next week to battle it out once more.

My evening was a big disappointment, lost connection in both races, an had hi hopes for this race ,most of the time W7 can solve the problem ( no gateway ) but now an then I have to reset my modem,it never happen in GTL only rFactor !
I am not sure if the problem is in my computer or the cable connection if self.

Suggestions are more than welcome.

Something I realised just now, it happens when I am side by side with a second car in fight for position ?

My evening was a big disappointment, lost connection in both races, an had hi hopes for this race ,most of the time W7 can solve the problem ( no gateway ) but now an then I have to reset my modem,it never happen in GTL only rFactor !
I am not sure if the problem is in my computer or the cable connection if self.

Suggestions are more than welcome.

Something I realised just now, it happens when I am side by side with a second car in fight for position ?

Not sure if this helps but, whenever i get disconnected in GTL or rFactor, it's usually because I've been downloading a lot of files in the previous day or two. So now when i'm signed up for a race, i won't download any large files 48 hours beforehand. It seems to work for me!

Race reports:

Firstly, i did a few laps offline before the event, and i have to say i didn't like the circuit! (Especially the 'Turn 1 of doom') It grew on me a little however, and i can imagine it being more fun in a single-seater. Anyway, set a good time in practice and was geared up for qualie when i discovered i had no ffb. So i had to restart rFactor and by the time i got back the session was over. Oh dear.

Into race one, back of the grid, got a decent enough start, but braked early for 'Turn 1 of doom', plotted a course through a sea of skee-wiff caterhams and into 10th. Battled away with a few guys and was fortunate to pass some spinners and found myself up with the podium battlers. Both myself and Chris were catching Nigel ahead until Chris went off, and then 2 laps before the end Nigel got a tank-slapper going, and i only just avoided T-boning his car. Meanwhile, Gary was nowhere to be seen.

Race 2: Average start, down to 7th, and under major attack from behind. Got involved in Ondrej's and Ozan's battle (I have the scars to prove it!) but had a spin at the final corner as i tried to avoid an incident. Got past in the end, but my car was sh*gged and i couldn't catch Stuart in 3rd despite pushing quite hard.

Overall, enjoyed most of the racing, and gradually warmed to the varied challenge offered by the track. I'm away now to sort my ffb...

Cheers stu.

pretty decent nights racing for me, didn`t get much sleep the night before and could have done with an afternoon nap lol :D

practice times were good but was finding it hard to be consistent in final sector.

quali. went out late with Gary setting the bench mark & was .2 up at the 1st sector then .3 up at 2nd sector but it all got to much for me and i blew .5 in the final sector, but was still happy with 2nd.

race 1. got off to a good start and was happy to follow gary, but soon had chris snapping at my bumper but he over cocked it giving me some breathing room. gary was soon knocking in 32`s and i just couldn`t keep up but still had a good gap to 3rd. then i started to loose concentartion & dropped behind chris who then gave it back only for me to cock up again giving ross 2nd. kicking my self for being so stupid i just managed to hold of chris for 3rd.

race 2. starting 3rd i tried to hard to get a good start and jumped the lights so got a drive through, after that i had fun fighting backup but once i was in 5th and behind ross i had nothing left to bridge the gap so just drove to the flag. so not such a bad result and i even managed a 32 :eek:

see you all next week and thanks to Stu for setting it up :D

Very much enjoyed getting back in a Caterham,even more so the magical drift-crazy Academy class,a bog stock setup and some previous track knowledge helped my cause,a good enough launch from pole to not lose anything through the first turns,had to soak up some pressure from Nige early on until he got "involved" with Chris allowing me breathing space,from then on no looking back and just pounding out laps to the finish,loved it! :).
Reverso grid for race two and away ok'ish from 6th place,all a bit nip&tuck through those first turns but fair dues to everyone there,absolutely no nudges or barging at all (impressive),young Robert made good it of all from what i saw so my early attentions were racing him down and trying to pass,it took a lap or 3 of timing the run down the home straight properly to get a good clean dive down the inside at T1 move done,Rob gave plenty room so no drama at all there,sadly he took a rotten knock from behind straight after at T2L :(,that was harsh.....now my main big job of the race is having a go at Stu in what is now 2nd place,but as ive seen before in these Academy Cats is Stu always seems to have the ability to exit those most crucial turns just as good as me,or in some cases better.....this makes those nice straight forward draft and pass down the best straights almost impossible! >;/.
My chance eventually comes to me when Stu gets a bit deep in to T1 and has a poor line and exit for T2 letting me slip right up alongside his right giving me inside for the following T3 :D,but Stu still keeps a run going and we arrive at T3 more or less side by side,i make full efforts to get turning nice and early and try and keep as tight right as possible,i looke back and see Stu getting on the grass but thankfully he holds it together,not really knowing what had happened i lined myself up offline and slowed up showing Stu an open door to take the place back but as before in some similar situations hes having none of it and falls in behind and continues along with me for a while in my futile attempts to close down Chris in 1st place.........futile until Chris has a proper wobbler offski moment at T3 dropping what was a 6secs gap down to 1.5,Race is truly On! :D,i close it down to under a 1sec and again at T3 Chris gets lary and wide and i take the opportunity to nip through to the lead,i was happy enough with 2nd after a nice monster battle with Stu so the win was lucky bonus :).
Thanks to everyone i raced close with,all very nice and proper stuff.

Thank You Stu & RD

young Robert made good it of all from what i saw so my early attentions were racing him down and trying to pass,it took a lap or 3 of timing the run down the home straight properly to get a good clean dive down the inside at T1 move done,Rob gave plenty room so no drama at all there,sadly he took a rotten knock from behind straight after at T2L :(,that was harsh.....

Was right behind that. Not good....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back