rF2 Caterham Academy @ Donington Park National - Fri 26th February

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was awesome fun. Really glad to have found this group. I've not raced rFactor much, more of a netKar/iRacing kind of guy, but these Caterhams are brilliant fun and I'll be doing a lot more of them from now on.

In race 2 i don't know how it looked to the guys behind me but my screen went black, had no sound and i thought my computer had locked up, only for it to come back 3 or 4 secs later where i found myself in the wall in 7th place.... i hope i didn't cause any trouble for anyone...my apologies if it did. I'll have to look into whats causing that..it happened yesterday when i was practising but i hoped it was a one off.

See you all again next week :smile:

Not my finest Caterham hour really,a couple of ok qual laps to start in the front mix and also looking the part early on,but it didnt last......sorry to anyone alarmed by some of my out of control moments,looks like a nice dip in form just in time for a series to begin ;p.
Well done Stuart and podiums

Thank You Thommo and RD

qualy*
totaly messed up so i starte from the verry last grid slot. ok nothing new eh ?? did i ever had a good qualy in the cats :p

race1*
i got a kungfu start and was going throug the field like a hot knife throug butter end of lap 1 i was already fighting with Stuart W for the lead
i could snap it of him but not for long we swapped several times positions till he made a tiney error leaving me allone in front only to came flying
after me to grab the lead again 2 or 3 laps befor the finish :) WD Stuart W nothing i could do against as my tyers where already worked off
scored a pretty unexpected 2nd place on a track that i hate like no other. verry enjoying fight and awsome close and fair racing from you Stuart W
gratz for the win you deserved it as you was clearly faster

qualy*
omg what was these i waited till 4 mins left in qualy to set my lap got out together with my fellow team mate Gary and wtf i did not messed up :)
i even was faster as Gary o.O and scored 2nd on the grid will mark that red in my calendar ;D

race2*
a not so awsome start lost a place to Dom i think and got a hit turneing in for redgate suspension was a bit bend but not that bad was more
like a perfect adjustment to my setup ;D was looking for a place to grap Dom and Stuart W for the lead braking for the shortcut i was inside
and got both :) thanks for letting enough room i think Gary slipped past too in my slipstream, now i got a bit nervous as i always do if i am in
lead and thoug take it easy at redgate (one of my most hated corners in the world) so i hited Gary on the left food as he did not expect this early
braking he clipped my rear and we bost ended in the gravel (bad luck mate) he was waiting for me while i was unable to get the damn cat of the
grass as i finaly was of it i chased after the field like the devil him self on teh back strait i catched gary who was waiting for me (tanks mate,
but not needed) on teh fight back to the field we both Gary and i closed in fast as we catched up to Ron i made a error while trying to overtake him
at the shortcut spun it and used the clutch to late the engien stalled and i could not fire it up again :( after the race i checked my settings and the buttons
are mapped as they should so clueless why it wont start again anyway where enjoying race again loved every second of it
WD all and Gratz podium and thanks to all who was there for a evening of pure fun you guys truly made this event to an Blockbuster

next week i will join the minis as they are my other big love :)

thanks Stu and RD for setting up/orgenizing

Race1) I have to apologize for my crappy driving. In lap 1 I spun out at the chicane and nearly took Stu out (I think I missed him). And then I missed my braking point completely and took out Lenno and I think I also tapped Philip in the process. Sorry guys, I really didn't mean to.

Race2) Was doing pretty good and holding on to 3rd while watching an awesome battle between Stu and Dom. Then went to P2 briefly when Dom spun out, but he quickly reclaimed his place and I was back to P3. Then I was caught and passed by Whitehead like I was sitting still, nice driving man!. Then Stu spun out and landed behind me. I was closely following him into the last turn when It seamed as if he was going to spin out, so I kept on my line expecting that he would end up in the grass. But I was wrong for assuming that and he recovered. I then tapped him on the right side of his car but he manages to stay in control. But then, as we came out of the turn, I was on the right side and it looked as if Stu hadn't completely regained control thanks to my earlier bump and we continued to rub wheels and he spun out. I'm sorry Thommo, I tried to steer clear of you on the way out of of the chicane (after I had already bumped you), but without letting off the gas, figuring that we would finish you P3 and me P4. I should have just broke after hitting you and completely backed off. My apologies.

Thanks to everyone who showed up!
And thanks to Stu and RD for cooking it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.9%