rF2 Caterham Academy @ Dijon 79 - Fri 24th Feb 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Good fun out there tonight.. nice cars to drive although i didnt know the track at all

Q1: 9th or 10th quite off the pace
R1: finished 7th and enjoyed it, got quicker and more consistent throughout the race and had a good little battle with hans

Q2: improved my time from Q1 By nearly 2 secs so was chuffed with that
R2: had a crash even before turn one. was in the slipstream and misjudged a gap and locked wheels with i think James Chant (not too sure, just saw him spinning when i rejoined) let him past incase it was him and struggled with the car not turning right.... difficult on a mainly right handed track :p so retired..... Sorry to james if it was you, totally my fault

Thanks Stu these cars are great fun

Checked the replay Stuart :( Sorry about that. I thought I was further past you than I was and focused on Pavel on my right hand side...! Blind Spot fail...

after the disaster that was Race 1, went on to have a very good Race 2 even with a spin... Pavel got me... curse the slipstream of these cars! 0.036 in it...

Happy, considering I spent the entire Race 2 with a Calibration issue. Wheel was off center for the race... hence my slight wigglyness in a straight line...

Once again, Sorry Stuart :(

Had a wicked r1, following stu in. 4th til I threw it away, then great chases with Karl and jack who dissapeaeed, finished 5th

Q2 good finished 6th, but last after first corner, boring race as I slipped behind and finished last.

First race was awesome until Scott DCd.

Second race...purely epic. One of the best race I've ever had not only in RD but during my whole sim racing career.

Thanks guys . great job, I was very confident driving around you, no one kamikazed or anything like that.

35l6ujd.jpg

On a Second look at the replay, I'd completely forgotton about the Lap 2 part where I threw myself into the run off area via your inside Stu... :( Bah. My Apologies again...

Tonight has just been a bad night for me... Oh Dear...

My pace was a little off but I was hanging with a couple drivers for awhile but I had a few unforced offs, followed by several ridiculously uncontrolled donuts trying to re-enter the track which put me way behind with no one to race with..

I believe I was in maybe 4th in R1, had a spin off and had to wait for the entire field to pass before I could re-enter the track without causing diaster. Last to the end thereafter I believe.

Race 2 had a better outcome fun wise. I was able to hang with Hans and we fought it out for numberous laps. Way to go Hans. I had trouble staying on track a few times which is a great show stopper, and ended up second to last.

I seemed unable to use the slipstream effect althought others used it on me. Good to see quality driving, enjoyed the track Stu, WD to podiums.

Had a good pace this time,but in Q had a slip of an start on p8 had a terrible start an lost it in the first lap so back in the field having some great fights with Dave (nice to see you back!) an fin on p8.

R2 better Q p6 (start from p5) after a few restarts of we go this time a better first lap but had some little offs, Dave running away from me than saw Jack an had a great battle the rest of the race passing an losing lol fin on p6 an a lot of fun the whole race!!

Grats Podium great racing, Thanks Stu very nice race!! an all who where there!!

Thanks for the clean racing guys!

Q1. Got in a decent lap, first time on low fuel and wasn't sure how much quicker it was, luckily it was a little quicker! Grabbed pole by 0.6s
R1. Had a decent get-away, someone else had a better start and stormed to the front, we were side by side into T4 and it looked like he took a spin there, taking with him some other drivers. Behind me Stu took advantage of this, and I was very suprised by his pace as I couldn't get away - I believe he took a spin also and I was able to push and get a nice gap to finish.
Q2. I wanted to get a 1'41 lap, I did this, only just and had pole again.
R2. I decided not to race and go to the pub, but from the sounds of it you guys had an interesting race!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back