Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995

Cars Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995 1.35

Login or Register an account to download this content
As I'm driving around I noticed the speedometer is imperial while the odometer is in metric.
Is this set in your mod or is it something to do with the Shader patch Voodoo that is going on these days.
Ahaha voodoo indeed! It's all set when you use content manager, so I guess miles/km can probably be changed through the settings somewhere

Code:
[ODOMETER_MAIN]
NAME=Interior_nonmirror_SUB4
FONT=odometer_font
BLEND_MODE=0
POSITION=10,842	
ROTATION=00
SCALE=1,1
SIZE=112, 21
DIGIT_WIDTH=10
COUNT=6
BACKGROUND=0.08, 0.08, 0.09
OUTPUT_MULT=10
LAST_DIGIT_COLOR=0.08, 0.08, 0.08
LAST_DIGIT_BACKGROUND=1, 1, 1
COLOR=1, 1, 1
JITTER=0.07
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL=5
I would think you can use OUTPUT_MULT=0.61 to convert it to miles (default unit is km and this =10 converts it to do tenths, iirc?)

in carfolder/extension/ext_config.ini

No idea if CM has a way to change units globally to miles though. If it does you shouldn't mess with this.

Code:
[ODOMETER_MAIN]
NAME=Interior_nonmirror_SUB4
FONT=odometer_font
BLEND_MODE=0
POSITION=10,842   
ROTATION=00
SCALE=1,1
SIZE=112, 21
DIGIT_WIDTH=10
COUNT=6
OUTPUT_MULT=10
LAST_DIGIT_COLOR=0.08, 0.08, 0.08
LAST_DIGIT_BACKGROUND=1, 1, 1
COLOR=1, 1, 1
JITTER=0.07
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL=5
I would think you can use OUTPUT_MULT=0.61 to convert it to miles (default unit is km and this =10 converts it to do tenths, iirc?)

in carfolder/extension/ext_config.ini

No idea if CM has a way to change units globally to miles though. If it does you shouldn't mess with this.
yeah i asked xfab, he said to play with the output_mult indeed, i quote:
I think you can use multiplier for that, it’s also the one separating local vs global odometer (one counting hundreds of meters, another is for kilometers)
yeah, parameter is called OUTPUT_MULT
if you set it to 1.60934, I believe that should work

I was looking around the in carfolder/extension/ext_config.ini when I first noticed that it was clocking klms, I'll have to try the multiplier when I get home from work.
It's a little thing but as the function is there might as well have it correct.

So I tried out the idea of adjusting the OUTPUT_MULT=
I went into assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\mods\bo\bo_caterham_s7_1700_ss_rhd
and found that there wasn't any output multi line present so I added it in .
Through some trial and error I finally got the result I was looking for.
under [ODOMETER_MAIN] I added OUTPUT_MULT=.6214
under [ODOMETER_TRIP] I added OUTPUT_MULT=6.214 to maintain the tenths digit

Heres what it ends up looking like in the file
bo_caterham_s7_1700_ss_rhd configurations settings

[SHADOWED_WHEELS]
OPACITY=0
[ODOMETER_MAIN]
NAME=logos_dash_emissive
FONT=odometer_font
BLEND_MODE=0
POSITION=650, 210
SIZE=230, 50
DIGIT_WIDTH=25
COUNT=5
OUTPUT_MULT=.6214
COLOR=1, 1, 1
JITTER=0.07
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL=5
[ODOMETER_TRIP]
NAME=logos_dash_emissive
FONT=odometer_font
BLEND_MODE=0
POSITION=675, 380
SIZE=185, 50
DIGIT_WIDTH=25
COUNT=4
OUTPUT_MULT=6.214
COLOR=1, 1, 1
JITTER=0.02
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL=1

Now the odometer is imperial to match the speedometer.

23 minutes?
Working nicely, the shadow under the tail lamp switches off at lodB but the lamp itself looks all good now, thanks!

Enjoyed my first race in months with these around mosport, cheers :)
looking back to it now, these LOD are from 2017, so many things are wrong aha
if you can screenshot the shadow thing, but not sure i can fix that easily

glad you enjoy it
the physics are not all the same, i messed up a data, i was waiting for potential feedback of mistakes before making a new proper update, so thanks for this, that's one less thing!

some bugs
LHD F6 camera clipping the inside of the car:
z7XIzlh.jpg

also on the RHD F6 camera
mxqC7yS.jpg

and with Shaders patch and Sol the RHD does this with the onboard cameras:
BhtQC8H.jpg

OqhliS4.jpg

The F6 side camera may be because I use "camera_onboard_free.ini" FOV=45 not 60. That's probably the only FOV in AC I actually made smaller than default. Or is it some other FOV? I think there was some patch of view rotation lately but this doesn't seem like a patch thing.

What's the default "camera_onboard_free.ini" FOV? I have 60 saved there but in "camera_free.ini" FOV it's vice versa.

Nah scratch it all, the car itself has cameras.ini not only for position but also for FOV of each single camera and those are set to 60. It's possible that the current upload has different cameras.ini I would have to decompile it as Ben made it but in the data folder Ben put there by mistake as well the cameras.ini file is equal to what I have to a bit.

Overlayed your LHD camera looks a little different but RHD is spot on the same as mine yet I get no "clip in" but you do. Maybe some shader mod graphical optimization setting or weird GPU driver, who knows.

Don't know about the shader mod issues I haven't noticed any when I had the mod enabled. Ben plays with those lights settings and all.

Last edited:
Yeah there are settings that try to optimize performance and reorder things and what not, it's a complete graphical hack. For daylight racing I don't use it, the situations where it's optimizations provide better performance are small and with more cars the performance is worse than stock, all due to AC's CPU bottleneck. Should be in the optimizations settings.

some bugs
LHD F6 camera clipping the inside of the car:
z7XIzlh.jpg

also on the RHD F6 camera
mxqC7yS.jpg

and with Shaders patch and Sol the RHD does this with the onboard cameras:
BhtQC8H.jpg

OqhliS4.jpg
thanks i'll check that this week; The speedo texture is tweaked to show the odometer working with the light patch, probably something to do with it, i'll investigate

Great mod, as are all the Cats. I was wondering if you are going to change the shaders on their windscreens so we can get rain on them in the future, or is it something I can do myself in Content manager?
Hey, wow i have no idea how that works :D
and i don't have the root files anymore to change stuff like this... :/

So i was playing a bit with this car and decided to make a sound although i was only able to found this as usable (even though its a 2.0...how many engines does this car have ?)

next im going to make the engine sound as im using a different one in this video (wich is ok too but in the real one seems to be carburator and the sound should be like some sort of ITB engine...it should sound fun in the end)

(warning keyboard driver)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea