Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995

Cars Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995 1.35

Login or Register an account to download this content
These are excellent! Any idea why only the RHD one shows up in the game now? (I had all three, and deleted them after I downloaded these new versions; I put the new ones in the Cars folder...)

These are excellent! Any idea why only the RHD one shows up in the game now? (I had all three, and deleted them after I downloaded these new versions; I put the new ones in the Cars folder...)
LHD and Clamshell are under Caterham 1700 (RHD) in all launchers, it's an AC feature to minimize the clutter in launchers where different versions of the same vehicle can be under 1 launcher entry, you need to have RHD installed for LHD and Clamshell to show up under RHD in the menu. This is completely normal. If you want to save space and install say Clamshell only, then only install RHD UI files and delete the rest of the large files or simply modify the UI file of the Clamshell, these things are easy to do it's just cosmetics for the UI. Delete one line in LHD and Clamshell UI and they will both show up individually separately.
There is a picture above in post somewhere and it's mentioned in the readme too.

STD = RHD, the stock launcher is ignoring our RHD icon, it does that for all basic versions of a car and replaces it with a Kunos made STD icon.

Why are they under one entry? It gets cluttered in launchers real fast and it makes sense to put the same cars that have minor or cosmetic changes, are based on the same suspension, engine etc. have the same name. It may not make sense now then you only have 3 cars under one make but I already have 6 and some not installed yet, plus there are many versions and some are not going to be so difficult to make meaning there may be a lot of different versions and many entries in the launcher in the end.
270,360,485 are probably going to be under 1 entry bundle
R300,400,500 if they will be made as well 1 packed entry
620R and S
then there is the Academy, which for now will be the new version but I may or may not make an old one with live axle as well if there was one back in the day
So that's another 3 entries expected. And they are quite the same/similar car just different power levels sold by Caterham and minor suspension tweaks, watt link and no watt link. Sure there are windscreen and roof options but that if implemented could actually be done in game via setup menu aero I believe and no need to have another entries, I don't have that much aero data for all these various versions, no way unless someone wants to take the model and simulate it in software, I couldn't find one that would do it in 3D, only some in 2D, probably expensive professional software hard to find, get, learn to use.

Last edited:
just noticed minor LOD issue on tail lights
Screenshot_bo_caterham_s7_1700_ss_rhd_nemuno_ziedas_5-11-117-12-36-25.jpg
Screenshot_bo_caterham_s7_1700_ss_rhd_nemuno_ziedas_5-11-117-12-36-27.jpg

@Ben 0'Bro
Using the RHD skins on the LHD (which I mostly use) does not work too well. Are there any plans to make the skins suited for the RHD too ?
Thanks a lot for these great cars !

@Ben 0'Bro
Using the RHD skins on the LHD (which I mostly use) does not work too well. Are there any plans to make the skins suited for the RHD too ?
Thanks a lot for these great cars !
hey,
because the car has the exhaust on different sides between RHD / LHD, i can't make a common skin :/
(which is a mistake because they never built symmetrical engines!!)
but the template includes AO for LHD and RHD

The academy for example i kept the exhaust the same side, and made the chassis shadow in a different object, so skins will work between versions
I don't plan on updating the mapping of the 1700 anymore :(

hey,
because the car has the exhaust on different sides between RHD / LHD, i can't make a common skin :/
(which is a mistake because they never built symmetrical engines!!)
but the template includes AO for LHD and RHD

The academy for example i kept the exhaust the same side, and made the chassis shadow in a different object, so skins will work between versions
I don't plan on updating the mapping of the 1700 anymore :(
Yeah, I noticed the exhaust side switch. I had no clue it was attached to the skin.
Hope some artist can make some skins for the LHD then ;)

AC Content manager installation says that the Caterham Super7 1700 Super Sprint Clamshell is missing a parent. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Fixed: I just had to click "Reload" At the bottom next to "Folder" and "Showroom" Tabs.

Ben O'Bro updated Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995 with a new update entry:

Clamshell updated + night

• physics a little, i think, kinda lost track which version of what, but should be improved
  • Since it was my only recent 3dsmax file i had on the usb after the "incident", here it is, new Clamshell with revolution wheels (just like the real thing ;)) and spare wheel at the back, which doesn't affect aero or speed, the 3 cars share the same physics
    View attachment 284629
  • View attachment 284628 View attachment 284626
  • night ready and CM settings...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The torque curves for the rhd and lhd are different for me (rhd first). Is it supposed to be like this?

Attachments

• 2019-01-05 18_57_48.png
    2019-01-05 18_57_48.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 2019-01-05 18_57_54.png
    2019-01-05 18_57_54.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 140
The torque curves for the rhd and lhd are different for me (rhd first). Is it supposed to be like this?
ah.
not supposed to.
Wouldn't be a proper release if i didn't mess up something

edit: data version is wrong between models... i messed up a little indeed
will wait a bit for potential other mistake, and update all that again :)

Last edited:
These cars are beautiful and fun to drive but just a little heavy on the resources.
they draw almost twice the load of a KS car.
18 Caterhams at Mugello = 34 KS car in FPS.
Not complaining just an observation.
thanks for these

These cars are beautiful and fun to drive but just a little heavy on the resources.
they draw almost twice the load of a KS car.
18 Caterhams at Mugello = 34 KS car in FPS.
Not complaining just an observation.
thanks for these
hey yeah i know :D
this was the first car mod i did, and didn't bother attaching objects... thinking it's a light car and polygons won't be an issue! It's actually the number of objects that are giving troubles. I improved it on the clamshell though if you run only them, should be better.
Academy also i improved the number of objects :)
Sadly i don't have the max files for LHD and RHD, so i can't improve them anymore...

hey yeah i know :D
this was the first car mod i did, and didn't bother attaching objects... thinking it's a light car and polygons won't be an issue! It's actually the number of objects that are giving troubles. I improved it on the clamshell though if you run only them, should be better.
Academy also i improved the number of objects :)
Sadly i don't have the max files for LHD and RHD, so i can't improve them anymore...

I can see a big improvement with the clamshell.
Also a very nice looking car.:)

As I'm driving around I noticed the speedometer is imperial while the odometer is in metric.
Is this set in your mod or is it something to do with the Shader patch Voodoo that is going on these days.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%