Catch the Xbox Project Scorpio Briefing from E3 Live - 21:00 GMT / 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern

Unless T10/Playground decide to make Xbox One X exclusives, then I'm not seeing any reason to buy this thing.

I don't adapt to new technologies and features right away, at least most of the time.

Can they finally beat Playstation? I don't think so.
the real question is are they finally being able to at very least match 1/3 of enthusiast level pc or will they continue to under perform and not being relevant besides the exclusive titles which is the only saving grace currently .
Don't get me started on no native keyboard and mouse support ,sure i can use 3rd party "hardware" that allows me to remap the controller hotkeys to keyboard and axis to mouse but that's beside the point .
+ sim racing hardware support is as good as non existent as well ,
if we were to play with a single entry level wheel nothing too fancy sure it works but if you want to do it on a whole new level not happening in a million years on a console .
I'm not a fan of low res textures minimal AA AF non existent AGEIA(Physx) and many more things that are far superior (GPCMR) + on top of that at best that "thing" can only output up to 60 FPS last gen people were defending 30 fps now they are doing the same story but being tailored about 60.
there is a reason why most competitive games are played at the highest possible frame rates .
60 fps was relevant 8-12 years ago .
I could go on and ramble about how consoles keep holding back graphical advancements but would most likely derail the whole topic altogether .

I had such high hopes for Forza 7. With this being the first Forza title under the Games for Windows umbrella, this was going to be the game that takes a leap in physics. This was the game that might actually be drivable on a wheel. This was the game that was going to compete with the other major PC titles.

NOPE. The brief footage indicates that they have not altered their physics one bit, instead, opting to increase their visual appeal rather than actually work towards making you feel like you are in an actual car. The audio still sounds like crap. Instead of bringing the Dubai Autodrome to life, they opt instead to build a fake circuit in the nearby hills?

The presentation was horrible as well. You bring on 2 female professional drivers who announce they are going to be playing the game using 2 different cars and then proceed to go into showing prerecorded footage? You're holding a presentation for lifelong gamers or gamers who are now reporters. Who are you trying to fool?

The only redeeming part of this coverage was the 2018 Porsche 911 debut. Even then, I couldn't help but chuckle when they declared that Forza was the place manufacturers want to go to, to show off what their cars are all about.

the real question is are they finally being able to at very least match 1/3 of enthusiast level pc or will they continue to under perform and not being relevant besides the exclusive titles which is the only saving grace currently .

Sales of console games generated about $28B in revenue in 2016. About 35% of that was from Xbox (360/One). That's close to the worldwide revenue of Hollywood. It's hard to say that isn't relevant. Not the market leader, but it's certainly relevant.

Most people do not want to get an enthusiast machine (which is why it's they are called enthusiast machines). In fact, the greatest growth and revenue comes from the opposite end of the market, mobile games.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.