Catch the Xbox Project Scorpio Briefing from E3 Live - 21:00 GMT / 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project Scorpio E3 Briefing.jpg

With Microsoft set to reveal more details about its next generation 'Project Scorpio' console, catch the E3 Expo briefing live from LA at 10:00pm BST tonight.

Destined to be the 'next big thing' in console gaming, the tentatively titled 'Project Scorpio' has displayed all the early signs of being something of a game changer for console gamers in 2017. Built to the usual quality standards expected by a Microsoft product, the 'Scorpio' looks set to replace the current generation Xbox One.

Set to become the most powerful console ever, featuring 6 Teraflops of graphical processing power, true 4K gaming, and compatibility with Xbox One games and accessories, Scorpio should be making a considerable impact once officially revealed to the world tonight at E3.

Only time will tell exactly what the new product has in store, but while we await the official reveal briefing here are a few of the facts we know about the new console:

• 4K Gaming
  • 6 Teraflop GPU
  • 2.3 GHz Custom CPU
  • 1TB HDD Storage
  • 12 GB GDDR5 Memory
  • 326 GB/s Memory Bandwidth
  • HDR Games & Entertainment
  • 4K UHD Blu-ray/DVD

With E3 also expected to reveal the first details of racing title Forza Motorsport 7, scheduled to hit the Scorpio console and PC for the first time, it is going to be a big few days of news for racing game fans and gamers in general.

Happy viewing everyone!

Last edited:
with every game now also being available on pc theres less and less reasons to get it :p im still curious, i hope its good so next ps will be better

with every game now also being available on pc theres less and less reasons to get it :p im still curious, i hope its good so next ps will be better
Yeah but on the other hand kinda look like first time a console will arrive with "current" hardware and considering the price video cards and processors will have to go cheaper to compete, especially the high end 4k stuff (yeah I know consoles may have less quality in 4k for now, but the average gamer won't care)

yea but there are so many games u cant play on xbox (like most of our beloved sims :>), id say buy pc+ps :D But i get ur point, it should be good for casual 1game per 6 months players- unless scorpio price will kill em

Can they finally beat Playstation? I don't think so.
u cant lose with tlou and bloodborne on your console :p

they compete by being pc components :rolleyes: its impossible to compete with consoles in terms of price, thats their selling point (in xbox case only selling point)
Ofc cheaper components are welcomed

Last edited:
Console still has crap support for steering wheels meaning it will never be an option for me.
Think it may be able to run Halo with less jaggies though but that's hardly a reason to upgrade. Plus I don't have either a 4k or VR set up so worthless to me really.

I'll be buying the X, or at least trading the One S, although with play anywhere there is becoming less of a reason for the consoles. I was hoping they might have added Oculus support as it probably has enough GPU power being similar to the GTX 1070. Forza 7 is looking great, looks like they've got a much better weather system this time so I'm hoping they also improved the wheel support. Forza is an instant preorder for me, in any case, plenty of value per £ in those games while the PC offers the more serious sims.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%