1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cash for clunkers! What do you think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by William Elgh, Feb 7, 2011.

  1. there is some deal in the US if you trade in your "OLD" car you get money to buy a new one.

    but the cars you trade in is killed by some damn fluid:mad: alot nice perfectly cars killed

    can someone explain why they kill the cars and not sell them?:mad:

    just look what those [MOD - Poor language will not be tolerated] do!:mad:

  2. I totally agree with you mate! I just hate it when people destroy cars from fun! I also hate it when Top Gear destroys cars, no matter what car it is! Why don't they give it to someone or sell it? There are people who don't have a car! Even the worst car is a car, anybody could use it! (and these in your comment are not the worst, not even bad, tbh, I think I'll have cars like this just in my dreams, but not in reality)
  3. Magnus Dahlgren

    Magnus Dahlgren
    Premium Member

    Why destroy it like that? Why not selling the car bit by bit ?
  4. Some of the cars people trade in are pieces of history. Why let them go to waste like that?
  5. I hate the idea too of destroying perfectly usable cars but the idea of these schemes is to reduce the amount of CO2. I know some of the cars are not that old but they will still produce more CO2 than newer cars. Basically the government paying people to reduce their CO2.
  6. Then why not build solar powerplants instead?
  7. I agree, solar powerplants or Nuclear plants. But thats how the government works :(
  8. Bram

    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

    The American way of getting the economy on the road again. :(
  9. poor volvo s80 t6 bi turbo :( 275hk
  10. but why rew them to death?

    they dont take less space on the junkjard anyway

    btw sorry for svearing in topic tittle.....
  11. Omer Said

    Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

    I believe people can do anything they want to their cars. Their cars, their waste of money.
  12. OMG what for peopels... :O
  13. The UK had a similar scrapping scheme a couple of years back.

    In all honesty, they will never stop the change in climate on this planet. Earth has been heating up and cooling down for the last 4.7 billion years, and it isn't going to stop because Humans decide they want it to.
  14. Kris Vickers

    Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff


    I`ve been saying this all along. We`re not the cause of global warming, its bloody nature!

    Did we get blamed for the first ice age? Erm, no. Its just a natural cycle that eventually, theres going to be another one.

    We may not be helping very much, but we certainly aren`t causing it!

    Bloody tree huggers!
  15. Bram

    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

    True, the earth is indeed heating up and cooling down as you say. However the heating process the last 100 years has been going faster than in all ages before.

    Of course mother nature will eventually balance itself. Not sure if we are happy with that :)
  16. True but there has to be a period of time where it is heating up faster than any other time. Also, records on this are not as accurate as they have been in the last 1000 years or so. I read somewhere a while back that only 4% of CO2 emissions were caused by Humans, the other 96% were caused by other natural features.

    Either way, humans will never make a large dent in it one way or the other so we may as well get the best cars and have fun :)
  17. why bother? we will all die 21st december 2012 anyway :D