1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Released Carvalho de Rei

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder Projects' started by zaxxon, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Thanks! :) :) You guys (Zaxxon and Sisco) are impressionists! Amazing work, very challenging stage! I'm happy that I can drive the stage with Colin's Subaru Impreza 555 '98 :)

2. Nice track, good atmosphere...
    ...but I found that stenogram is in wrong place. You place it about 50-100 meters before turns, it's wrong way for this. You must place it on turns, not before. If you want that stenogram call 3-10 sec. before turns, you must did that in RBR stenogram properties, not in track...

3. I suppose you talk about the pacenotes.
    You are right: I put them where I think they must be called, not right in the curve, but for sure I am not "the master" placing them.

I am not sure of that. You can't call a 90 degree turn at the end of a long straight segment as late or as soon as you call a medium turn that follows a slow segment. That is nonsense to me. But of course I may be wrong.

4. Great looking stage :good:

How does one include stages in rallyesims BTB packs, and do you plan on doing so? People in the rally club here would probably prefer just a big .exe file with a bunch of stages instead of manually installing every track.

5. When Rallyesim staff decide a stage could be interesting for their competitions they ask the author for permission to use it.
    I can't say what their plans are.

6. Great stage Zaxxon! i enjoyed it alot and the ditches were really nice, just the way i like them... Quality was nice over the whole stage i guess you could add some more spectators and other details along the stages but overall great stage :) i had lots of fun on it

7. I agree with you: more spectators, more objects in general, more variations in the vegetation, changes in the road texture, a few bumps, etc. would improve the track.

8. To avoid this behavior, first must "call" distance. Or, if we have a long swing, You can use a combination of a double pancetone (as well as here: left4 and left3 or something like that... what need in current situation)
    And found some bugs :)
    See in pictures: 1 - strange pissing fan group :D, 2,3 - missing mountain cap

Attached Files:

9. Great as allways, thanks one more time for share your work and your knowledge. I am encouraged by your attitude

10. 1) Rally fans have the same needs as ordinary people...
    2) Ok. I take note of this. Thanks

11. New Rallysim BTB pack is released when we got 6 good stages to integrate and of course all permissions from autors. Zaxxon's stages are going to be released very soon ;-) and I'm sure ther will be a lot of new BTB stages in the future...

12. Placing nice pacenotes takes some time, but it will benefit will greater fun for drivers :)
    I personally like when co-pilot talks much, so I use "distance" calls a lot.
    Usually the pacenotes' signs should be placed on turns, but when expecting high speed I rather put them earlier.
    The nice trick is to use "into" - place two signs close to each other - or "and" - a little more distance between them (around 25-40 meters in btb) - hard to say exactly.
    This is also possible to use additional "words" (like "tightens" or "wideout") with distance calls - then co-pilot does not say the distance, but the command.
    The signs for turns "easy" and "fast" are almost the same in btb, so I have modified the files for them (.png's found in ../BTBfolder/Pacenotes/ ).

13. Co-pilots used to say in the past: "Drive into the biggest crowd - there is the road" :D