rF2 CART Factor @ Mid-Ohio - Wednesday 25 February 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
As feedback ... 19:00 event start times is way too early for me to even consider doing, and I guess others have similar issues? :sad:
20:00 is earliest I can realistically manage, esp on a regular basis :wink2:

Gets my vote too. Is hurry hurry every race night which is not cool.
20:00gmt sounds sweet in my ears, but I am not Racing staff :)

:(. Been practising and practising as this mod is excellent!

Always seems to be that I like the mods that are not popular and do not like the mods that can fill a stadium :D.

I see there was already an attempt to hijack the RD 500 and turn it into a stock car event :go-away:.

Thing is, now I have the CART bug. I may have to look elsewhere to see if anyone else runs a CART league if we can't get the numbers here :(.

Instead of running away, you can also try to bring some in for CART! I would love to kick of regular events but it seems a Don Quichot thing here.
To be honest i am sick and tired of people dropping out constantly! But how much fun can we have 9 players and to be honest mark my words that even less will show up. Its a joke

So is the event going to be cancelled?

I do have some work that needs to be done by tomorrow and also the fact that i'm normally eating at this time.

I'm backing out then

Instead of running away, you can also try to bring some in for CART! I would love to kick of regular events but it seems a Don Quichot thing here.
To be honest i am sick and tired of people dropping out constantly! But how much fun can we have 9 players and to be honest mark my words that even less will show up. Its a joke

That is my fear! I have no intention of 'running away', as there are plenty of other titles to race at RD. It is just that my appetite for CART was teased by Houston and I think I could become addicted :laugh2:. And yes, it always seems that a million people will vote 'yes' for a league, mod etc. but 10 turn up to the event.

And there is definitely still time for more to drop out before practice kicks off :(.

I cannot get my wheel working properly in rFactor. Anytime I change anything in any menu, all feel disappears from the wheel and I have to unplug the usb and plug it back in to get it back. Unless I can figure it out by event time I am going to have to withdraw. Very frustrating. Sorry.

Bob we need to talk about this.... It must be easy to fix.

That was amazing not :(
the idea of a rolling start is so we don't have to lock our brakes right at the start line.
I then crashed it at the 2nd corner due to typing and thought sod it I'm miles behind.

I think these cars suit ovals better than road circuits

Ingemar's setup gave me much more speed to qual 2nd,but as soon as we moved off the line to start formation i got a warning "driving too slow",then all through the formation lap i got various warnings saying im driving in front of the driver i should be following,it even gave a couple of different names for that,yet all i done was pulled away gently and followed Tim and pace car around....i noticed by lap 2 i had a S&G penalty so had to do it next lap,done that and continued and the rate my tyre temps went up was scary,not seen anything like that,within a very few laps rear left was over 130 and even walking speed mid turn the back just snapped round on me,the clerk of the course hauled me off the track after way too many dangerous incidents that could end others races.
Thanks for brief bit of fun and Thank You RD.

well... what to say. more laps under my belt in this car and i was one of the few that did finish (steady pace). pace lap had a wee spin at one point and then got penalised for too slow... i was crashing!!! :)

also learnt that once front suspension gets any sight of damage it becomes a death trap, not to self repair at end of lap next time.

still, enjoyed it, learnt something new, thanks for organising event!

Next week MAW: speedway time! Maybe there we can have a full room.. WOuld be a joy :D

Sorry for my bad choice of words today btw, sucks when i read back my own posts...
Don't stress :D. I know only too well the frustrtation in trying to get events organised.

Speedway :clap:

Had great fun tonight! I managed a PB in practice 1.07.0 and managed to start 3rd on the grid with a 1.07.3. I spent all day taking a leaf out of the Schumacher/Warren Dawes race preparation 'practice with race fuel not quali fuel.'

I therefore had a good idea what the car would feel like during the race and knew it wasn't necessary to run hot laps in the race - just stay on the track and run sup 1.10's. Had a few minor offs, damaged the car a little, led for 1 lap when the leaded pitted and then managed to finish 2nd.

Love this mod!!! Definitely suits me more that Evo.

This is really getting me down, past two weeks done the practice done the qualifying and no race. I really enjoy open wheel racing and it is the reason I play rfactor as it is unsurpassed in the mods available for it. However it has been a right pain of late. I must admit I was sceptical of the cart factor mod as I had not raced it all before attending these wednesday night sessions but I have been pleasantly surprised by the mod. I really hope that next week I finally get to turn a few laps in a race. fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes