CART 1998 mod?

Hello,

Just a quick question: Is the CART 1998 mod for AC officially dead, delayed or still very much WIP? I saw a version for AMS has been released recently.
I start to think of these cars as the perfect monopostos; and I - and many others - would love to see them in AC.
Thanks.

Best regards,
X8X8X

They canceled the project after the release of ac 1.0 due to lack of features added to the game. Converting of the mod is in progress for rfactor 2. And Automoblista recently got a version of it.

Thank you for your replies.
The lack of features in AC truly is a problem, I agree with the team (even though it's my main racing sim). I may skip AMS, but I'll certainly buy rf2 for this mod alone.

Best regards,
X8X8X

Thank you for your replies.
The lack of features in AC truly is a problem, I agree with the team (even though it's my main racing sim). I may skip AMS, but I'll certainly buy rf2 for this mod alone.

Best regards,
X8X8X

I would not hold your breath over that Rfactor 2 mod coming out any time soon, difficult platform to mod honestly. So good stuff takes time, can follow the progress here. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22902-CART-Factor

• Deleted member 130869

I doubt it will be released for rF2 much like it died with AC, with the "flakiness" of the people involved. The SCE and AMS releases came out partly because one of the people who worked on the original mod helped make it happen again, and he happens to be the studio owner. If it does ever get released, I do fear for the quality.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.