1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cars doesn't work on newest version of Racer

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by BoyGTA, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Cars doesn't work on newest version of Racer, any solutions?

:confused:

Thank you.

2. Please be (a lot) more specific.

3. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

What cars? What version of Racer? What's the error?

4. Did you change the version to 090 in car.ini file?

5. I have a lot of car for 0.50 version. I have changed to version 090 in car.ini file but when I go to select them you can not see the car properly. how can I fix it? Sorry for my bad english. I'm italian.

6. Just changing the version is not enough.

Cars and tracks that are available for 050final are hopelessly out of date for use in the current Racer version.

Racer 050f and Racer 0.8.31 are like night and day. To update a 050f car to 0.8.31 you basically need to start from scratch, you need to create new shaders, update the car.ini etc.

In conclusion, don't bother downloading old content hoping to use it in latest Racer betas.
    Sorry for sounding so negative... :)

7. ok thank you for your answer :)

8. Hello,

I´m new here since RaceSimCentral crashed down, I needn´t a forum to talk because I´m using a Mac and till now i have only 050f, but now I try 0.8.33 over Crossover....

A lot of is now new. This is my question:

Is there a Formula 1 car like Ferrari F2002 (Version 050f) for the latest versions of Racer?

Thanks
    macracer

9. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

I'm afriad because of the massive changes in Racer, the older content doesn't work properly anymore unless the shaders (at least) are updated - although it might run in the non-cg version. :)

10. I may have a Ferrari F1 2002 that works on the latest version. I'll check and if yes I'll post tomorrow night.

11. This would be great :)

12. I have one that is cg compliant, works on 0.0833 but the car.ini needs a lot of work. If you still want it I'll post it in the download section.

13. Ok, I would try.....

Thanks a lot.

14. I'll post it in the download thread tomorrow night. Just remember the car.ini file has not been worked on and has a few problems but you are free to try to get it up to snuff.

15. The Ferrari F2001 was a highly successful Formula One car, designed by Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne for the 2001 Formula One season.this is specially for macracer.