1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cars crash too often

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Osvaldas, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Pirated games? Not on RD.
    Hello,

Few days ago I bought F1 2012. It's great and engaging, but at some tracks cars just crash or run out of track, so with I can win with Caterham by miles, though it's not interesting at all. For example in Bahrain only 8 cars finished and I won lapping Karthikeyan, who was second, 2 times. Maybe there's a patch, which fixes it. If there is, where can I download?

1. That's strange. Do you use any mods? Do you have all the patches?

2. I don't use any mods and don't have any patches yet.

3. Well uhm. Maybe that's the problem. There are 12 patches as far as I remember. Update your game and see if it's still bugged. :)

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

If it is the PC game, then it would automatically update and fully patch itself by default, unless you actually disable the auto-update for the game in Steam.

If it's console, you might have to manually update. I assume you are informed of available patches automatically. There are 2 console patches, which include all 12 of of the PC patches (the relevant bits anyway).

As I don't own a console, I don't know how their update system works.

5. How should I know if the game is patched. Maybe you can give me link with all 12 patches?

6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Steam automatically updates and patches the game, so this should have happened when you installed it on Steam, whether you bought the DVD version OR the digital download version.

You can check you version number by reading my post here (the red and blue text) :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/summary-of-pc-patches-1-to-12.57705/

If you version is incorrect, your can verify your game files, which will trigger a download of all broken, missing, or modified files :-

Start Steam > Right Click on F1 2012 and select Properties > Local Files Tab > Select 'Verify Integrity of game cache'

In addition:-

Whilst you are in this menu > Select the Updates Tab > Ensure that the Automatic Updates are enabled in the drop down menu

7. Where can I find steam?

8. Busted,
    You can't install the retail game unless you have steam.
    Pirates never learn ^^

• Like Like x 7
  9. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

You can't play the game without having Steam (which would've downloaded all patches anyway) installed, so yes - busted and convicted of piracy. 7 days in Simberia.

Tom

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.