• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Career mode / time consuming

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by jackwalker, Aug 28, 2017.

1. jackwalker

jackwalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Do you have any tips for someone who doesn't have much time in hand but wants to play career mode?

I normally play all programs, short qualy and 50%, but I feel that this is taking too long to complete. Do you think it is possible to bypass the programs without hindering too much of the R&D? Is there a "simulate practice program" option? Anything else?

Also, does anyone play championship mode? Does it have car failures (engine/gearbox) and parts management or it is just like an old sim with only practice/qualy/race?

Thanks!

2. Coffer

Coffer

Ratings:
    +69
    In 2016 you could've easily gotten away with it, as the AI development rate in that game was very slow, but this time around they really go all-out and are hyperaggressive, so unfortunately you need to do the programmes. I'd suggest 25%, but there's a massive bug with the component wear on 25% right now so I wouldn't say that's an option.

3. jackwalker

jackwalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, and 5 laps are too low.

Guess I'll have to expect the patch then...