F1 2010 Career Mode - Staying With The Same Team

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Just wondering whwether anyone has done this. I am still in my first season with Lotus and my intention when I started was that I would remain with Lotus for the duration to see how far I could get with them. I just considered that it would be more of a challenge to stick with them than quickly jump ship to a better team.

Someone posted this image shown below on the CM forums. The consensus seems to be that each season you stick with a team, the team moves up a tier. Performance in the WCC seems irrelevant. - This is just me guessing though lol.

So if for instance you stick with Lotus the full seven seasons, by the start of your 6th season you should have performance similar to the Mclaren and Red Bull. The top teams don't really seem to develop, as Mclaren and RedBull are already in tier 1 as you start a season with them.

What I found especially interesting in the light of my career mode vids, is that first I wanted to got to Williams after season 2 and develop that car till career end but if you look closely, a Lotus that gets to tier one actually has a slightly higher performance than a Williams in tier one (5 more bhp, same very high handling) - So I might do the same you are considering and stick with Lotus the full career.

carperformancetiers.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back