F1 2011 Car/Team difference

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all
Just wondering one little thing. After viewing few vids players have posted i realised that there are some insanely quick laptimes. One particular: a dude (or a babe) drives as Vettel in wet Monaco. No raceline at all. And the laptime is about half a second faster then mine on a dry track with options on and corners only raceline. I drive Williams car.

So, can choice of a car realy affect that much when it comes to laptimes?

Let the brain rest from time to time. :D

Only time cars are set to equal is in quick game modes (Sprint, Endurance...) and in Custom Grand Prix if Equal Car Performance is enabled. Even then, there are some differences between cars, mostly based on their length and weight balance.

Grand Prix, Time Trial and 1st season of Career are all based on F1 2011 season, though in my opinion Lotus, Virgin and HRT are too weak compared to other cars, since they can't use KERS (they overdid the effect ingame). For PC players that is easily fixed by changing data in game files or downloading them from Mods subforum.

In Season 2 (and onwards) of Career, cars improve based on their S1 result. So after a couple (or more) seasons, Force India can be better then Red Bull or McLaren. However, KERSless teams remain without Nitro button throughout the whole Career, no matter the result they achieve.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.