1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Skins Car skining workflow for Mac users

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by Bazooka_Joe, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe
    Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    Here's the outline - I have a Mac with all software goodies such as Photoshop but with no access to Assetto Corsa to preview skins after .dds export directly on it. I have GIMP installed on the PC where AC lives on, but I'm struggling to get things done in GIMP (like missing objects for example).

The solutions I have in mind are a pen-drive task after exporting on a Mac to get it transferred to my PC with AC? Shared network location etc? The ideal would be to be able to preview the skin while still on a Mac and I can live with occasional skin transfer here and there, as long as it's not every single export :)

My internet connection is not suitable to get online sync sorted (especially upload) - it'll be quicker with the pendrive :) LAN sync perhaps? Or is there a piece of software that allows skin previews directly on a Mac?

Is there anyone here with similar setup that can share the workflow that actually works, or are there tricks that would make skin making easier on Macs?

2. someur

someur

Ratings:
    +73
    I had a similar situation (I don't use Mac anymore). At the time I used a windows VM with AC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe
    Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    Cheers @someur - I was quietly hoping there's some sort of easy to use preview tool available for Mac users.