Car Setups

i`m wondering what you folks are doing with regards to setting up your cars,
what are you tweaking most? and what is your aim? is it to achieve a particular feel to the car or just make it go faster.

i`m asking this because i have no idea when it comes to racing simulators but i feel like i`m doing well at this game in amateur mode but i would like to post times in the get real mode too but you gotta tune there right?

Not sure if you can extract setups from the game, and import them again. Havent checked it yet.
Laptimes/track/car combinations are posted on the leaderboard of the game. So if you want, you can check how you are doing there. Then you have all laptimes of all drivers around.

At the moment, we are not sure yet where this game is going, so we have not decided on how we will approach it as RD. Perhaps there will be an Racedepartment Leaderboard in the future :)

i was not intending for players to share their exact setup more a rough guide as to how they go about setting up a car like whats the top 5 steps they have to do to make a car "feel better"

and to reply to your point marco a RD top lap times would be a great way to pass time between development stages.

--back on topic--

the only thing i have tuned so far is the steering lock i have it set to 17 but i cant remember the default value so i may have tuned nothing lol.

If it's setup you want to learn, start with the basics....

Click here and download Ramon's setup guide. Ramon van Rijn has made a very simple, good to understand setup guide, explaining most of the features you will be using. It's written REALLY well, even I can understand it :p.

Print it, and put it next to your racing rig. Next time you fire up the game, take 2 hours to see what the guide can do for you, and see your laptimes improve :)

You might want to look at the other and very similar thread which is called "car set up". Cote Dezur put a link to another good guide on tuning. My opinion is that the rear wing, and brake bias make the most difference at the moment and of course the gearing which might need to be adjusted for the most important corners. The suspension set ups seem to be pretty good in default but they are also the same for most cars in the game. I have been adjusting the ride height down a little and setting the bounce down a notch which also seems to help on most of the cars. NOTE: make sure to write down your settings when you test because they go back to default each time you open the game and you can't save them yet!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back