Car Mod Sounds not found

Hello, can someone help me with this.

I have Race 07 downloaded from Steam, and I have tried adding track mods to the game and they work fine for me.
The problem is that when I add a mod of a car, the mod works very well in the game without bugging the textures or anything, but the sound of the car does not work.

the steps I do are: Race07/GameData/Sounds/Car and that is where I add the sounds of the cars (creating a folder with the name of the car) but nevertheless it does not work for me

I hope you can help me with this, Thanks!

Hello,
You need to check the name of the folder where the game is expecting the sounds to be. This can be different depending on the mod.

Go to GameData\Teams\ (folder containing the car you want to play)
We are looking for the AUD file for the specific car. Sometimes it is obvious and named the same as the car, sometimes not.
Open the folder for the specific car (often named the race number) and open the .car file using notepad. Look for the line Sounds=

In my example, it says Sounds=..\Lola95.aud

This is the name of the .aud file I am looking for.
Now go back one folder and look for the .aud file of the same name, again open with notepad.

Inside you will see something like this.

// inside coasting
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_1=INDYCAR95\ChampCar_idle_in.wav
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_2=INDYCAR95\ChampCar_onlow.wav
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_3=INDYCAR95\ChampCar_onmid.wav
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_4=INDYCAR95\ChampCar_offhigh2.wav
VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_5=INDYCAR95\ChampCar_offmax.wav

In this example, we can now see that the game is expecting the sound files for this car to be in a folder called INDYCAR95.
Now we can go and place the sound files in the correct folder and check their names are correct.

Side note: As you may have guessed, with this new knowledge, you can change the sounds for that of another car by copying the files into the correct location and renaming them. Very useful for some old mods with poor sounds.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your racing :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back