Car Limit? (Help please).

Hi all, I was wondering is there an actual car limit for Assetto Corsa in terms of how many mods you can have installed? My content, cars folder was over 130GB and I could not get past the ''Populating favourites'' text at the bottom. I have had to copy my original installation and start over.

I heard that using Content Manager can solve the problem, but I have always wondered is it a type of bug in the game or is it basically just because the game cannot handle that many mod cars which have been added.

Thanks.

Hi,
Exactly the same happened to me. Here, 625 contents (in cars) are the max, if it has 626, it'll stop at the Populating favourites text. It's very annoying :D Can anyone help us? Why is this happening?

There is a program called Content Manager. Use that. All you do is place the Content Manager .exe file into the Assetto Corsa game directory where the Assetto Corsa.exe file is and launch the game by double clicking on the Content Manager.exe file. That way you bypass the problem. I have 217GB content cars at the moment and I do not have any problems now since that I have been using Content Manager.

I don't know if it is a game limit or just a memory limit ... but anyway, the best solution is use a content manager ....
For AC of course, as MrRacer11 just wrote ... there's Content Manager ... not only for mods and tracks management but also for many other features.

There's also, and this is the one I use ( even with much less cars and tracks ... prefering quality to quantity ) ... the good old JSGME ( install and management of all mods, tracks, apps, skins .... ) which can be used the same way for many other sims and even other games.
NB: as Automobilista and GTR2 for example.

There is a program called Content Manager. Use that. All you do is place the Content Manager .exe file into the Assetto Corsa game directory where the Assetto Corsa.exe file is and launch the game by double clicking on the Content Manager.exe file. That way you bypass the problem. I have 217GB content cars at the moment and I do not have any problems now since that I have been using Content Manager.
I didn't quite get that, I moved the content manager app to the assetto corsa directory and clicked it to start the game up but it just opens content manager, could you elaborate on how you manage to bypass the problem?

Surely simply launching a session inside Content Manager ... as Content Manager replaces the original AC launcher.
NB: or/and he uses also Content Manager to install mods and activate them when needed ?

But maybe I'm repeating myself and McLarenF1papa by saying: the only choice you have is use a content manager as CM or JSGME ... or delete the bad mods from game.

In order to have a real easy solution .... mods need to have been installed with a "mod manager" like JSGME .... the original one or the one included in Content Manager.

Once installed this way ... installed and activated mods ( addon cars or tracks or apps or .... ) can easily be unactivated.
That's the principe.

But ... if mods were installed manually at the start ... except erase the ones you don't use or find not good enough .... nothing else is possible.

Those managers are just copying the mod content from their "MODS" folder in AC at the right place.
( this means you need place enough on disk as when mods are activated they take a double space on disk: in their own place in MODS folder and game ) .... once unactivated they remain in the MODS folder and are not in AC files ...
The folder "MODS" in the AC folder in not a part of AC ... so it may content all you wish and the only limit you may have is not AC ... but your disk place limit

Last edited:
i think i have the answer....i painstakingly copy each car folder into the cars folder to test the limit, and I hit 493 cars. I swap different cars out to test whether any car mods are not conforming to AC standards, but looks like it is not the case.
However, i noticed cars with folder name starting with numbers and not letters will fail. It will get stuck at "Setting defaults" during load screen.

Hi all, I was wondering is there an actual car limit for Assetto Corsa in terms of how many mods you can have installed? My content, cars folder was over 130GB and I could not get past the ''Populating favourites'' text at the bottom. I have had to copy my original installation and start over.

I heard that using Content Manager can solve the problem, but I have always wondered is it a type of bug in the game or is it basically just because the game cannot handle that many mod cars which have been added.

Thanks.
The limit it's around 450 cars, when you put more than that, when you load Assetto Corsa without the CM, your loading screen gets stuck.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes