• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Car Limit? (Help please).

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by MrRacer11, Jul 24, 2017.

1. MrRacer11

MrRacer11

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all, I was wondering is there an actual car limit for Assetto Corsa in terms of how many mods you can have installed? My content, cars folder was over 130GB and I could not get past the ''Populating favourites'' text at the bottom. I have had to copy my original installation and start over.

I heard that using Content Manager can solve the problem, but I have always wondered is it a type of bug in the game or is it basically just because the game cannot handle that many mod cars which have been added.

Thanks.

2. Erik19

Erik19

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    Exactly the same happened to me. Here, 625 contents (in cars) are the max, if it has 626, it'll stop at the Populating favourites text. It's very annoying :D Can anyone help us? Why is this happening?

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrRacer11

MrRacer11

Ratings:
    +2
    There is a program called Content Manager. Use that. All you do is place the Content Manager .exe file into the Assetto Corsa game directory where the Assetto Corsa.exe file is and launch the game by double clicking on the Content Manager.exe file. That way you bypass the problem. I have 217GB content cars at the moment and I do not have any problems now since that I have been using Content Manager.

4. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +234
    I don't know if it is a game limit or just a memory limit ... but anyway, the best solution is use a content manager ....
    For AC of course, as MrRacer11 just wrote ... there's Content Manager ... not only for mods and tracks management but also for many other features.

There's also, and this is the one I use ( even with much less cars and tracks ... prefering quality to quantity ) ... the good old JSGME ( install and management of all mods, tracks, apps, skins .... ) which can be used the same way for many other sims and even other games.
    NB: as Automobilista and GTR2 for example.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Erik19

Erik19

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

It's working :D Thank you very much for your help, I'm very grateful. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. mclarenf1papa

mclarenf1papa

Ratings:
    +1,206
    Also you could try deleting a lot of those mods are surely the majority are low quality...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1