1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Car Draw Distance

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Mach, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Mach

Mach
    #47 G.R.Webb Sidecar Racer 1962-1972

What has happened to the car draw distance..? I've been away from AC for while, so I bought the latest content and have been getting back into it. But the cars detail is flicking on and off in replay and in game... Depending on distance... .. Is this how it is or have I missed something?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. Some cars do visibly change when they move to a different LOD. The XBow is a particularly bad offender. Some cars are worse than others, but it has always been there.

3. Mach

Mach

Thanks a lot for that... I wondered about performance issue with my machine, but that should be okay. Nice one.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  4. And the Lotus 49 ends up as four disembodied wheels

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Mach

Mach

Crikey, I'm not gonna have a grumble here, but an improvement in this area would be cool, or at least an option. It would make the replays more appealing.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I totally agree, this is loooong overdue for a correction as it looks terrible when things go on and off all the time.

7. It's really painful when you have tons of hardware/performance headroom running the game yet still no option to improve LoD scale/quality.

8. the car lod distance thing drove me nuts. i tried to ignore it, but it just kept literally popping up. i made a post about it on the official forums at least a few months back but i guess they never implemented an option. the whole AC SP thing is lacking to me, PC has had me for awhile now.