1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Can't save file - restriction

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jose Navarro, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Ciao! guys! I have a problem with saving files. When I click on SAVE I get this message

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator

doesnt appear if I click RUN. I google search this problem and most the problem got to be with hyperlink and outlook

My OS is XP Pro

Thanks
    Rafael

2. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Hey Notlimah,

Could you please tell us what game are you talking about?

3. It sounds like he's talking about saving attachments from Outlook Express, but more info would be necessary.

4. He's probably trying to download files from RD.

Maybe some IE security setting, have you tried from another browser?

5. This problem appear when I click Save in a download. I tried each site even the emails that I have with attached file and want to save it

Is not Outlook related. I dont use it. If u google that error most people mention outlook and hyperlink. My problem is downloading and Saving. I dont get the error if I click on Run

I have run malwarebytes, ccleaner, antivirus (in safemode) and the pc is clean

6. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Here in tech forum you can find more help Notlimah, :thumb:

I wish i could help but i have no idea about your problem's salvation :(

7. Are you an admin on the computer?

8. Yessss

9. Try this:

1. Click Start > Run. Type MMC and then click OK.
    2. Click Console and then click Add/remove Snap-in.
    3. In the Add/remove Snap-in dialog box, click Add.
    4. In the Add Standalone Snap-in list, click Group Policy, and then click Add.
    5. In the Group Policy object window, click Finish.
    6. Click Close, and then click OK.
    7. Go to Local Computer Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates.
    8. Click Desktop.
    9. In the right-pane, Right-click Hide my Network Places icon on desktop, and then click Properties.
    10. Click Not Configured, and then click OK.
    11. Expand Windows Components, and then click Windows explorer.
    12. In the right pane, right-click Prevent access to drives from my Computer, and then click Properties.
    13. Click Not Configured, and then click OK.
    14. Quit the Local Computer Policy MMC snap-in.
    Or, try the solutions here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216583

10. The number 4.

Theres no Group Policy :S

11. Dunno then, I dont run windows (except for gaming). Try the 2nd solution then, the link below the list.

12. What location are you trying to save the files to?

Also from what I have seen that you have run, you have not run hijackthis. I would get that program and run it as well as it sounds quite a bit like your browser has been hijacked.