Cant make buildings Xpacks

Hi everyone, its been some months since i use bob's track builder and by myself i learned some tricks to make my racetrack better, but i cant get over the fact that i dont have enough buildings Xpacks, right now i have the basic city xpacks which is very useful for skyscraper, i also have an xpack for a signle apartment and another xpack for some old houses.
So i decided to try to make some simple buildings just to test if i can create objects by myself;
im not very good with blender but i managed to make a simple apartment without textures, just to test, aaaaannndddd everything went alright until i imported the .3ds files in Xpacker, because it says "Error reading file. Thrown an exception of type"System.OutOfMemoryException".
Now i tried to search online why this error came up and i cant find any solution that i can undertand or actually works; obviously for the fact that BTB isn't popular i cant find any proper soulition on RD, i founded someone finding the same error but for an image, and he fixed it by changing the .tga file to .dds.

Is there anyone who can help me find a solution to this problem?
Feel free to ask pc specs or anything that can help.
Big thanks
also sorry if there is any grammatical errors im not english.

Last edited:
First thing I would try is make some basic textures to load into xpacker with the 3ds.
That's what i tried first, but i when i open the .dae file with spin3d to convert it to a .3ds file it doesnt show the texture, but i need to try to use sketchup that someone suggested to me.

Perhaps it's the 3ds that's at fault. Do you have 3dSimEd? converting it to a 3ds with that may work. That's what I use, although I make my objects with it too, I don't use Sketchup.

Perhaps it's the 3ds that's at fault. Do you have 3dSimEd? converting it to a 3ds with that may work. That's what I use, although I make my objects with it too, I don't use SketchuAlso
Yeah i just tried using 3dsimed but i cant uderstand anything, could you help and explain how to do a simpe cube?

1. You should be able to open your Sketchup 3ds with 3dSimEd, then save it as 3ds again, that may work. I've made lots of xpacks with 3ds objects from SimEd.

2. How to make a box.

Select File/NEW. Then use the E key on your keypad to open up the material dialog. Select NEW and just write a material name. EG: Building. Press OK.

Now select the PRIMITIVES menu, and you can select any of the shapes. You want NEW BOX.

And there you have it. You can also make up your own box by selecting New Rectangle and New Upright. if you do these as separate gmt's, you can assign them with different material names, and put them together by importing as objects. When you have them placed, you can go to EDIT/Explode all objects, Save as building, and then you will have a box that you can assign different textures to all sides.

I've been using it for years, and I'm still learning. You can actually do quite a bit.

You can also edit the shape of all the different primitives by selecting the DISPLAY menu, and then WIREFRAME. Then you can alter the different points of the primitive.

Last edited:
Here are some things I've made with SimEd, and put into xpacks

The only issue is that you need a separate texture for each face.

Attachments

• blitz ambulance.JPG
    blitz ambulance.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 39
  • blitz tanker.JPG
    blitz tanker.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 40
  • gov building.JPG
    gov building.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 40
  • shire office.JPG
    shire office.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
1. You should be able to open your Sketchup 3ds with 3dSimEd, then save it as 3ds again, that may work. I've made lots of xpacks with 3ds objects from SimEd.

2. How to make a box.

Select File/NEW. Then use the E key on your keypad to open up the material dialog. Select NEW and just write a material name. EG: Building. Press OK.

Now select the PRIMITIVES menu, and you can select any of the shapes. You want NEW BOX.

And there you have it. You can also make up your own box by selecting New Rectangle and New Upright. if you do these as separate gmt's, you can assign them with different material names, and put them together by importing as objects. When you have them placed, you can go to EDIT/Explode all objects, Save as building, and then you will have a box that you can assign different textures to all sides.

I've been using it for years, and I'm still learning. You can actually do quite a bit.

You can also edit the shape of all the different primitives by selecting the DISPLAY menu, and then WIREFRAME. Then you can alter the different points of the primitive.
Thanks for your time, but i understanded that 3dSimEd is too complicated to understand it(for me), i used sketchup just for some tests and it worked (it didnt show the memory out of exception error).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back