PC2 Cant drive in Silverstone rainstorm?

I unlocked the "british supercar faceoff" invitational where you get to drive a McLaren F1 or a jaguar X220 around a very rainsoaked silverstone. Having done a couple of rainy races before, I didnt think it would be much of a problem...

BUT somehow it is completely undriveable. There is an effect on the Wellington straight that keeps instantly and very sharply throwing the car 45-90 degrees to the left or right. It's like someone reaches over and just yanks the steering wheel. IME, aquaplaning makes the car just plow forward with the momentum, it doesnt twist the car around

Is this an unfortunate feature or a bug of somekind? Maybe FFB related?

(btw Im using a brand new thrustmaster TS300 wheel with the ffb set to "raw" mode)

Depends if one tyre of both front tyres are hitting a puddle. If it's only one then then the car will pull in that direction. Best way to deal with the puddles and aquaplaning is to come off the throttle when you hit a puddle. Yes it's tricky in game but then so is driving on a very wet track in the real world.

Turns out it was all due to my overly-tweaked FFB settings. I was running some crazy values last night which probably caused this effect, because it's not there anymore with my current settings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back