Cannot find a decent G27 setup.

HI guys, im looking to get into R3E mainly for the SRS setup but really struggling to find a half decent setup for my G27.
Ive spent the whole morning googling same but nothing as of yet has given me a relatively smooth feel ,all im getting is constant clipping and unrealistic effects.
Note i have no issues with m y other sims, AMS, AC etc.

Many times ive come up with my own settings that were half decent with my sims but no such joy as of yet with R3E, i would greatly appreciate some decent settings.

I set up my g27 last December. It's very tricky in raceroom but maybe this will help you. It's copied from my own documentation so no great wording or anything..

You have the steering section where you mix the steering ffb with the sub-global multiplier. That gets send to the global multiplier and directly influences the clipping meter.

Below you have the effects section. No sub-global multiplier afaik but the single sliders directly show in the clipping meter

Then you have the 3 global multipliers:
overall force (not influencing clipping meter, just put it to 100...)

Spring whatever
damper whatever
smoothing whatever

all to 0. They just let you feel less... (smoothing maybe raise a bit against too much rattling)

And then you basically have 3 sliders for the real ffb feeling! The rest is just mixing and looking at the clipping meter really...

It's vertical things (bumps, kerbs, everything that hits vertically, NO steering at all)

lateral things (tire grip)

And the understeer slider that takes these 2 and reduces both when understeering.

and the strange steering rack slider...
full left feels very inconsistent (low and strong forces without feeling realistic) but somehow more connected to the front tires, full right feels consistent but lacks a bit of the connection.

And finally: keep the clipping to "slightly" with the steering forces "sub-global" slider.

Here's a flowchart about that all :)

IMG_20180317_125551_378.jpg

• Deleted member 387850

Strangely I haven't touched any FFB settings for my G29 in R3E other than to reduce the overall effect from 100% to 80%. When I first drive a car I open the FFB meter ('f' key), watch for clipping and then reduce the FFB multiplier setting in Steering Settings accordingly. Usually I have to reduce this by quite a bit, for example I think the DTM 2016 cars use a default multiplier setting of 2.500 and I run it at 1.500. In all cars I have a good solid feel around the centre, plenty of detail and no problem catching slides or counter steering. Just haven't felt the need to tweak any further!

Strangely I haven't touched any FFB settings for my G29 in R3E other than to reduce the overall effect from 100% to 80%. When I first drive a car I open the FFB meter ('f' key), watch for clipping and then reduce the FFB multiplier setting in Steering Settings accordingly. Usually I have to reduce this by quite a bit, for example I think the DTM 2016 cars use a default multiplier setting of 2.500 and I run it at 1.500. In all cars I have a good solid feel around the centre, plenty of detail and no problem catching slides or counter steering. Just haven't felt the need to tweak any further!

Same here. I have only had to adjust FFB with my G27, other than that it has been easy to use with R3E and is, IMO, the most realistic of the sims (but that is subjective).

HI guys, im looking to get into R3E mainly for the SRS setup but really struggling to find a half decent setup for my G27.
Ive spent the whole morning googling same but nothing as of yet has given me a relatively smooth feel ,all im getting is constant clipping and unrealistic effects.
Note i have no issues with m y other sims, AMS, AC etc.

Many times ive come up with my own settings that were half decent with my sims but no such joy as of yet with R3E, i would greatly appreciate some decent settings.

What is your degree of rotation in your logitech wheel profile?
Should be 900 degrees with auto rotation enabled ingame.
I know alot of g27 users lower the rotational degree to eliminate the deadzone on that wheel to around 540 or personal preference which screws up the ingame ffb and causes instant clipping when turning.
Once your wheel is setup to the proper rotation and not clipping instantly....you can than go into the tuning options and adjust per car....
Increase or decrease the ffb strength and steering angle.

For a smoother effect lower the steering strength, slip angle effect, engine vibration and gear shift effects

My G27 config In Logitech Profiler:
Use special Steering Wheel Settings - "YES"
Degrees of Rotation - "900 degrees" (It's very important!)
Report Combined Pedals - "NO"
Use special Force Feedback Device Settings - "YES"
Overall effects strength - "100%"
Spring effect strength - "0%" (100% it's for games don't have this real affects implemented)
Damper effect strength - "0%" (100% it's for games don't have this real affects implemented)
Enable Centering Spring - "NO"
Centering Spring strength - "0%" (very important!)
Allow Game to adjust Setings - "YES" (It's very important!)

My G27 RaceRoom Settings:
*Vehicle Settings*
Steering Animation - "Match Setup"
*Advanced Settings*
Speed Sensitive Steering - "0%" (Obviously)
Min Steering Speed - "0"
Max Steering Speed - "299"
Steering, Throttle, Brakes and clutch Sensitivity - "50%" (all of them)
*Force Feedback Settings*
Force Feedback - "ON"
Inverted Force Feedback - "ON" (Logitech G25-G27 needs this option activated)
Gamepad Rumble - "OFF"
Force FeedBack Intensity - "100%"
Smoothing - 0% (But I use 50%.. I can not make noise. you know.. G27+kerbs=Big noise)
Force Feedback Spring - "0%"
Force Feedback Damper - "0%"
Steering Force Intensity - "90%"
Force Feedback Minimum Force - "16%" (It's very important to eliminate the FF dead zone!)
""Info Logitech FF DeadZones--> G25 have 9% and G27 have 16%..
Understeer - "50%"
Vertical Load - "100%"
Lateral Force - "25%"
Steering Rack - "0%" (I do not like this effect)
The following five parameters are "artificial effects" / More than 0%, is used to exaggerate each effect
Slip Effect - "0%"
Engine Vibrations - "0%"
Kerb vibrations - "0%"
Shift Effect - "0%"
Collision Effects - "0%"

That is my configuration for years ..
And sorry for this long long message. :redface::p

Last edited:
My G27 config In Logitech Profiler:
Use special Steering Wheel Settings - "YES"
Degrees of Rotation - "900 degrees" (It's very important!)
Report Combined Pedals - "NO"
Use special Force Feedback Device Settings - "YES"
Overall effects strength - "100%"
Spring effect strength - "0%" (100% it's for games don't have this real affects implemented)
Damper effect strength - "0%" (100% it's for games don't have this real affects implemented)
Enable Centering Spring - "NO"
Centering Spring strength - "0%" (very important!)
Allow Game to adjust Setings - "YES" (It's very important!)

My G27 RaceRoom Settings:
*Vehicle Settings*
Steering Animation - "Match Setup"
*Advanced Settings*
Speed Sensitive Steering - "0%" (Obviously)
Min Steering Speed - "0"
Max Steering Speed - "299"
Steering, Throttle, Brakes and clutch Sensitivity - "50%" (all of them)
*Force Feedback Settings*
Force Feedback - "ON"
Inverted Force Feedback - "ON" (Logitech G25-G27 needs this option activated)
Gamepad Rumble - "OFF"
Force FeedBack Intensity - "100%"
Smoothing - 0% (But I use 50%.. I can not make noise. you know.. G27+kerbs=Big noise)
Force Feedback Spring - "0%"
Force Feedback Damper - "0%"
Steering Force Intensity - "90%"
Force Feedback Minimum Force - "16%" (It's very important to eliminate the FF dead zone!)
""Info Logitech FF DeadZones--> G25 have 9% and G27 have 16%..
Understeer - "50%"
Vertical Load - "100%"
Lateral Force - "25%"
Steering Rack - "0%" (I do not like this effect)
The following five parameters are "artificial effects" / More than 0%, is used to exaggerate each effect
Slip Effect - "0%"
Engine Vibrations - "0%"
Kerb vibrations - "0%"
Shift Effect - "0%"
Collision Effects - "0%"

That is my configuration for years ..
And sorry for this long long message. :redface::p

Edit: sorry i wasn't paying attention and responded to the wrong person...thought it was the op.

Looking at those id probably start by lowering 1 of 3 settings at a time.
Steering force intensity
Force feedback minimum force is pretty high...i have a t300 and its set to 2%
Than vertical last.
To make up for the weight lost from decreasing these id raise your lateral force up in increments of 5%

What works in one title doesnt work the same in others :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea