AMS2 Cancelled 1 Hour of Daytona, Stockcar 99, Tuesday 31st October 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
ss204251RD.jpg

This Tuesday we go long, with a 1 hour race into the night and lights of the Daytona Nascar Roadcourse in the 1999 Omega Stockcar. A straight six, a five speed box and a couple of dashboard dials are all you need in this bare bones old-school racer and, as such, it is as close to an old-timey Nascar racer as AMS2 allows. Server will be up all week with AI to practice.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.
ss220042.jpg

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Tueday Race Club
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup.
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear, light cloud
Setups: Open
Assists: Auto Clutch, Factory Defaults
Track: Daytona Roadcourse - Nascar layout
Cars: Omega Stockcar 99.

Nascar Liveries Omega Stockcar
earnhardt-pack-jpg.673329

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Race.
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (60 minutes)

ss212106rd.jpg

Entry List
  1. Redvaliant
  2. Bas Kriesels
  3. The Almighty Snark
  4. GeekyDeaks
  5. Chris Bloom
  6. Eric S
  7. Free Spot
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Haha indeed, It's quite the car to drive! 1st and 2nd gear are useless, third and fourth are tricky in that you need to be gentle with the clutch and throttle otherwise you will just enjoy wheel spin I think? or perhaps the engine just bogs down. Anyway, gotta practice a bit cause the AI is just sprinting away from me anytime a straight comes up!

Let's exchange some paint.

Not sure if I can do some training, so would appreciate some help on fuel/tire pitstop strategy upfront to be sufficient prepared.

Hey Eric, added. Not sure myself but will know more once I have a representative laptime with which to do the maths. Chris might know, he usually does a full practice session.

Oh, BTW, the Nascar skins linked up there are now a bit of a faff to install. He has made way more skins than there are available places, and has them sorted to work with the CM mod. If you want to use them, just choose one of the two named folders ( Earnhardt & Labonte) and place the Vehicle and Userdata folders into your install as usual. Make sure the XML file is in place alongside the relevant overrides folder.
Nascar folder.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe wise to postpone this event? Would be a pity for the mini endurance to race with such a small group?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back