1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone explain this AI behavior?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Kevin Knorpp, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Edit - I am referring to the blue car in front of me swerving to the right.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I`d go with microsleep

3. If that's the middle of Toban, the curb is unsettling.

4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Even the AI can drift off. He was probably thinking of what he was having for dinner.:sneaky:

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Thanks for the serious responses, anyway. I guess I'll just be careful there until I figure out what is going on...

7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

You are welcome.:thumbsup:

8. If this is Toban then which version so i can examine the aiw?.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  9. Toban Medium

10. Have you watched other AI cars go through without swerving? You know, like the yellow car?

11. Might be a wrong corridor in the AIW... Does it always happen? Or only in overtakting moments like this?

12. Hi Kevin.......i examined the aiw in the location of this issue and the fast line, block line and corridors are all perfect and in my opinion wouldn't cause this.

My opinion is that the "talent" file is the cause of this issue. The driver in question has either a poor crash, recovery, or minimon racing skill recorded in the "talent" file thus intentionally causing the driver to act in this fashion!

Do a test using a different car mod preferably one not using a talent file and i believe that you will no longer see this issue.

If you care to tell me the driver's name i would check his talent info and if my assumption is correct i can quite easily fix this issue for you but would be only for off-line use.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  13. Aren't talent files encrypted?

14. No, you only need to use the "MAS Utility" to extract the talent file to make the edit then add the file back into the MAS directory!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016