Resource icon

Apps Camber Extravaganza 2.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Chuzuki submitted a new resource:

Camber Extravaganza - Real time optimal camber calculator

Camber Extravaganza

App for Assetto Corsa to show wheel camber angles in real time, helpful for tuning suspension.

Shows instantaneous and peak camber, and has an optional short-term history graph with some settings to play with.

Calculates optimal camber from config files - per car, per tire compound. Turns blue when camber is too negative, green when near optimal camber, and red when too positive.

Installation

1. Extract the camber-extravaganza folder to...

Read more about this resource...

I tried to follow the instructions to add osella_pa20 but unsuccessfully. I created tyres-data.json as follow

{
"osella_pa20": {
"FRONT": {
"S": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.2, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8071
},
"M": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.1, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8179
}
"H": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.0, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8287
}
},
"REAR": {
"S": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.2, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8071
},
"M": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.1, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8179
}
"H": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.0, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8287
}
}
}

PS in edit: solved it was a parentesys problem, here the correct file:

{
"S": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.2, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8071 },
"M": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.1, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8179 },
"H": { "DCAMBER_0": 1.0, "DCAMBER_1": -13.0, "LS_EXPY": 0.8287 }
},
}
}
}

Last edited:
I tried to follow the instructions to add osella_pa20 but unsuccessfully.

Missing a couple commas and the last }
Code:
{
        },
        }
    }
}

Hi!
I tried to add the RSR Formula 3 mod and to correct the V8 supercar (they got an update apparently) without success.
I don't think I did something wrong as the folder name = the name in the v8sc.json and the tyre name = "shortname". They changed to soft and supersoft in the mod.

Anyway, it won't load for the V8 ford and for some strange reason the fronts are swapped left/right on the Formula 3 car.

Surely sounding like a full on newb but I just don't get it. Brackets and commas all correct (didn't change anything, just copied a matching car that already existed and double checked everything).

Here's the code for the ford:
{
"supercars_ford": {
"s": {
"DCAMBER_0": 1.65,
"DCAMBER_1": -13.0,
"LS_EXPY": 0.7917
},
"ss": {
}
},
"s": {
},
"ss": {
}
}
}
}
Folder name of the car:
"supercars_ford"

Name displayed in content manager:
"Supercar (V8) Ford Falcon FGX"

tyres.ini:
[FRONT]
NAME=Slick SuperSoft
SHORT_NAME=ss

and same for Slick Soft/s

Do you have any clue? :)

I don't think the Formula 3 is reversed, it just has some crazy suspension geometry. If you drive with one wheel in the grass or over a curb its values noticeably change on the correct side.

Can you try the updated json configs here and see how they work for you?
https://github.com/cpiehl/camber-ex...ber-extravaganza/tyres_data/dallara_f312.json
https://github.com/cpiehl/camber-ex...thon/camber-extravaganza/tyres_data/v8sc.json
Thanks a lot! I just grabbed the updated version instead of the single files and it works :)
Could you tell me what you changed to make it work again? I can't find the difference...:redface:

Thanks a lot! I just grabbed the updated version instead of the single files and it works :)
Could you tell me what you changed to make it work again? I can't find the difference...:redface:

Honestly not sure, I can't see an obvious difference either. Were you saving supercars_ford to a new file or just changing the values in v8sc.json? I'm not actually sure what happens if a duplicate car entry exists in different json files.

Honestly not sure, I can't see an obvious difference either. Were you saving supercars_ford to a new file or just changing the values in v8sc.json? I'm not actually sure what happens if a duplicate car entry exists in different json files.
I did both. Then one at a time so in theory all possibilities covered. Maybe I had a wrong comma or something else that we didn't see.

Let's call it magic :p

Anyway, thanks again, great support! Now I can see that the supercar setup I got sent has completely wrong camber :D

I made a file called "Mazda_787b_ACi.json" for a custom version of Mazda 787b but didn't work. I simply copied data from the original car I found in "base.json".
Then I picked up the original and same thing: 99º. Maybe there is an error with that car?

I have a similar mod, but with the 911 Cup 2017 and it works as expected: somewhere between -1º and -2º.
When I use a mod car, a file named "added-by-cm.json" is created with the data of the car. Same data as the original car.

I'm struggling to customize some of these, can someone make addons for the RSS Hybrid 2017 and 18? I'll pay you in back rubs. ;)
Link to the cars? I'll see what I can do.

I made a file called "Mazda_787b_ACi.json" for a custom version of Mazda 787b but didn't work. I simply copied data from the original car I found in "base.json".
Then I picked up the original and same thing: 99º. Maybe there is an error with that car?

I have a similar mod, but with the 911 Cup 2017 and it works as expected: somewhere between -1º and -2º.
When I use a mod car, a file named "added-by-cm.json" is created with the data of the car. Same data as the original car.
Post your "Mazda_787b_ACi.json" and I'll take a look.

Post your "Mazda_787b_ACi.json" and I'll take a look.
Thanks for your response, I just wrote in the thread at the AC official forum asking the same.
The original 787b shows 99º too if you want to check it.

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!NGBhlK6B!9VvOf6-PF95QOfVmSeEc9TICasJd1rrWDe5wPY5cLEI
I simply copied the text from the original car and pasted it into this new file. CM also creates a file called "added-by-cm.json" and put there the info of the mod car I use at this time.

Thanks for your response, I just wrote in the thread at the AC official forum asking the same.
The original 787b shows 99º too if you want to check it.

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!NGBhlK6B!9VvOf6-PF95QOfVmSeEc9TICasJd1rrWDe5wPY5cLEI
I simply copied the text from the original car and pasted it into this new file. CM also creates a file called "added-by-cm.json" and put there the info of the mod car I use at this time.

787b works fine for me. Are you sure your mod car's proper name is "Mazda_787b_ACi"? The original is "ks_mazda_787" and it is case sensitive. Look in "%UserProfile%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt" and Ctrl+F for 787; you should be able to find some reference to the internal name AC uses for the car. That's the name you need at the top of your json file.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back