Call of Duty 5: World at War

Three nights looking for 10th Tactical server, never found it.
Is that me? Server was down? Am i seeing bad? :disapointed:
Cheers.

Hey

It's a Team Deatmatch server PC offcourse :)
And i am almost every night there from 19.30 till 21.30 CET time.
Server name : =10th=Tactical TD. It's a tactical server you may only crouch there, very realistic :)
It's just under the letter T .

Hey

It's a Team Deatmatch server PC offcourse :)
And i am almost every night there from 19.30 till 21.30 CET time.
Server name : =10th=Tactical TD. It's a tactical server you may only crouch there, very realistic :)
It's just under the letter T .

Yes, i was looking at Team Deathmatch games.
I will seek for it tonight. :chuck:
Cheers

• vmagics

CoD5 first time [ever] online.

I've only ever played racing games online before and I've recently tried CoD:World at War in both Free-for-All and Team Deathmatch. I expected to be fairly crap at it but from what I saw, it was the same for everybody. That is, it seems as though success is purely down to spawning into the right place at the right time. Also, you tend to die way, way too frequently which kind of makes it very repetative. So have I just picked the wrong game to start online-shooting or is that how all online shooters are?
Incidentally the single player aspect, although short, I loved it.

Until you get used to the maps and all the little hidey holes then yeah you can expect many deaths. The best way to learn and pick up kills is to play team deathmatch, follow someone around and get to see where they go, what they do, even assist in some kills. You'll then start to earn XP points to get additional items, and unlock more weapons.

The spawn points are pretty random in all the CoD games so you may be lucky/unlucky to spawn right in the enemy camp. :rotfl:

FPS games of the past maybe 3 years in my opinion have been quite easy to play, i remeber play counter strike 1.3 and it was very hard to even get a kill if u were new to the game.

I bought/wasted money on COD4 and was half way up the scoreboard on my first game.

/end_rant

Its more down to the game modes you are playing. FFA and TDM are pretty bad for people camping/spawnkilling so a lot of the skill is taken out. Try playing Search and Destroy, Headquaters or Sabotage as there is a proper objective meaning people wont do things just to get a load of kills. In a way you have picked the wrong game - CoD4 would have been a better choice as there are a lot less players meaning you can have some very good games with around 10 people on a server. That means it isn't crowded, nor are there so few people that it gets boring. CoD4 also has much better maps and the servers are not modded like in CoD5 (e.g 30000 XP for each kill) - that way the first time you play through you can work your way up the ranks properly.

What you should try is playing some of the better game modes - Sabotage and Search and Destroy are probably the best - watch out playing S&D though, most of the matches use that game mode so some servers will have a lot of very high skilled players on, and if you are new to the game that may seem intimidating. Keep at it though and you should be fine :)

If you want something a little slower paced with more emphasis on objectives rather than kills i would recommend looking at Battlefield 2 or 2142 (i prefer BF2, but both are good) as these games mean you will have to work as a team to win the round - you can make squads, choose your guns/equipment to an extent and choose where to spawn bringing a tactical element into the game. Also the ranks are much more spaced out than in CoD4/5 so you will have to work hard to get up a rank and get some new guns/equipment

Ahhhhhh... that had me confused there Bram! :dont-know: Posted and saw a load more replies in the thread compared to when i was reading it :p

• vmagics

If you want something a little slower paced with more emphasis on objectives rather than kills i would recommend looking at Battlefield 2 or 2142 (i prefer BF2, but both are good) as these games mean you will have to work as a team to win the round - you can make squads, choose your guns/equipment to an extent and choose where to spawn bringing a tactical element into the game. Also the ranks are much more spaced out than in CoD4/5 so you will have to work hard to get up a rank and get some new guns/equipment
Ironically I was going to buy BF2142 a while back but I was put off by the emphasis on online play. Like I said, I've never bothered with online gaming (except racing) before. Maybe I'm ready for it now. BF should be fairly cheap now too I reckon. Thanks

• vmagics

There are a bunch of things in CoD5 multiplayer for which I have no explanation, can anybody help?
1- Symbols in the server list:-
a)Tick in green circle.
b)Hammer.
c)red and blue non-descript blob.
2-During gameplay, skulls(in a kind of shield thingy) floating about that seem to direct me to nowhere in particular.
This is the kind of thing that has put me off multiplayers before. How come everybody else seems to know this stuff when there is no mention of it in the manual?

2-During gameplay, skulls(in a kind of shield thingy) floating about that seem to direct me to nowhere in particular.
This is the kind of thing that has put me off multiplayers before. How come everybody else seems to know this stuff when there is no mention of it in the manual?

Are you running the bomb squad perk? Sounds like tou might be, if so those skull and cross bones indicate enemy explosives(Betty's, etc.).

As for the others maybe a screenie would help.

• vmagics

Edit: Nevermind, I've given up on fps multiplayers. It's like trying to play rock, paper, scissors with spiderman. I either take a sniper position and get shot in the back or use a machine gun and get shot in the face. No fun, I'll stick to racing from now on.

• Bob Sinclair

Man cod4 was good and cod5 is well good
but farcry2 is out of this world with D10 VGA card

• Bob Sinclair

Well we have a cod4 server and a cod5 server up and runing they are cracked servers. I dont run them but we have a guys thats sorts all that out for us and a website as well.

Me and 4 others have been runing a forum for 6 years now. We started as a clan, but more like a guild now. Most members we ever had was 90.

Members we have now are more like 30, we started with C&C and Z/H moved on to CSS and BF2. You name it we play it. But most of our members play WOW now. Not my cup of tea. Me i still like the FPS, but rfactor is the game now.

all the best

boom:chuck:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back