Cadwell Park Ver 2.1 question

This is a great track, but I noticed something strange on starts.
Cars all line up to start on the front straight then as soon as they start moving they move to the twisty part just before the front staright and get all bottled up.
Why would they switch to a different part of the track, and how do I fix it ?

Hello.
I presume you mean this track Link

When I load up the AIW file, there is a strange kink in the path right at the start. It is easy to fix. A few factors can cause the cars to all group up at the beginning (bottle up, as you say).

1, Always allow the Ai to finish the qualifying session. This way, the faster cars will start at the front and not be trying to overtake right at the start.

2, Ensure the cars or mods you are running have Talent files.
Talent files make a big difference to your offline racing experience. If you are unsure how to make them, try to stick with mods that include them or race the original cars that came with GTR2.

3, learn to edit the AIW path, fine-tune the track to your liking, or ask one of us to help you. Many tracks were never intended for Ai to drive and were made for online multiplayer racing. However, it is easy to learn to fix them, and a few people are around who make a hobby of fixing them.

If the track I linked to is correct, let me know, and I will touch up the AIW file for you.

Cheers,

I'm pretty sure thats the right track.The weird part is they don't start where they are supposed to start at the gridding area, not on the back part of the course.
Actually I'm just learning to edit the sound files, haven't gotten around to the AI and Talent files yet, but I'm learning as I go along.
Nice part is If I really screw up the game doesn't run at all, so thats one way to tell !

I loaded that track into my GTR2 and gave it a spin to see if it's worth fixing up. I was pleasantly surprised that this is the old Grand Prix Legends track. It was converted to GT Legends by some guy named Ken.

Some knob later did a quick and dirty conversion to GTR2 and messed up this classic track. So I'm A bit hesitant to do anything about it. It would be much better to contact Ken and ask if it would be ok to do a good conversion. Or better still, make an original version of the track in bobs track builder.

In the meantime, there are very nice versions of this track in GT legends and Rfactor. Games which I hope you have ;)

Is it hard to do a conversion from GTL to GTR 2 ? Maybe I can do a conversion.
So you must have run into the same weird problem at the start of the race then ?
I'm also a GPL guy from wayy back as well, maybe too far back !
I'll also try contacting Ken.
Appreciate the help.

It is one of the easier conversions to do. The games are very similar. I see in the GT Legends read me that "derDumeklemmer" managed to contact ken in 2015.
derDumeklemmer is a modder active on the Altbierbude website, you may find out more info by asking a question there. I would suggest trying out their koelschbierbude website for much better GTR2 tracks. Remember to click the English language's English flag at the top of the page.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.