Buying Steering Wheel (advice needed)

So I can finally buy a steering wheel. Now, to my knowladge, there is no wheel compatible with both xbox and pc. If you know one, feel free to mention it.

If there isn't one, for which machine would you buy one for? I have rFactor and F1 2011 on my PC and Forza 4 on my xbox 360. I'm also certainly buying F1 2012 for the xbox as soon as it comes out.

Finally, which wheel do you recommend?

I know this is a very subjective matter.
I deeply appreciate your help.

Fanatec has wheels which are useable at xbox and pc and even ps3 at the same time.
But Fanatec is expensive. The other fact is you get probably quality.

best regards

I cant recommand I dont used one of them.

Upvote 0
Fanatec has wheels which are useable at xbox and pc and even ps3 at the same time.
But Fanatec is expensive. The other fact is you get probably quality.

best regards

I cant recommand I dont used one of them.
How much is it? My budget is at about 70-80 euros. Is it well over 100?

Upvote 0
I would like but Iam dont know much about that thing.

Dont want to suggest wrong things to you.

My pennys. For 100 you get a DFGT thats good rated. And its from Logitech.
Checkout Ebay for g27 g25 you maybe get that for 100-160€ its a class higher than the DFGT.
I use a DFP for a long time now. Its the antecessor of the DFGT.

best regards
Iam out

Upvote 0
For €70-80 I think you'll struggle to get a decent wheel. If I were you I'd keep saving and go for a Fanatec. I've got the CSR Wheel and pedal value pack which has just been reduced €50 to €250. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. I upgraded from a Microsoft wheel and the difference is amazing especially on F1 2011.
Don't know what your set up is like but another thing to consider is how you're gonna mount the wheel. I have mine on a Wheelstand Pro which will add another €130 approx to the final figure

Upvote 0
Yeah you need the microsoft wireless controller adaptor. It's a shockingly bad wheel and I Would not reccomend anyone buys it.

Actually, I forgot one. Logitech Drive FX. Also a pretty crap wheel, but better than the MS effort, and works on both without adaptors.

Upvote 0
"shockingly bad"?! You are not helping me...
But anyway I decided to buy a wheel for the xbox. So.. anything that doens't cost 250 pounds AND isn't crap?

Upvote 0
I wouldnt go as far in saying the MS wheel is shockingly bad. I think thats a bit harsh. If thats all you can afford and you've only ever used a joypad then I think you'll think its pretty good. It's just then if you had a go on a more expensive wheel you'd see that it isn't great but its not shockingly bad

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back