1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying rFactor 2 Without a Credit Card?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ho3n3r, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Hi

Is it possible to buy rFactor 2 with a debit card? I do not have a credit card, so is there any way to do it without one? I would like to buy the game, but I haven't found a way yet.

2. If it's a Visa Electron or similar, you can pay online, or open a PayPal account with it.
  3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

4. Thanks guys. However, it is not possible with my bank. Seems I will wait a while to see if options open. Cheers for help though.

Just wish I could do an 'old-fashioned' eft, but clearly not.
  5. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

You should be able to transfer money to your PayPal account and then pay with the balance on your PayPal account, I believe.
  6. Thank you. How much does paypal cost for 1) Annual Subscription, and 2) Per payment?

Can't find anything about its charges via Google?
  7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

It is free of charge I believe. I can't remember ever paying for it, but will check to be sure ;)

Just checked, and can't find anything about provisions, anual cost and more of that. Seems indeed free of charge, as I suspected. Can't remember ever paying anything for paypal, and am using it for many years now.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. It's not completely free of charge, otherwise it wouldn't exist :D

I think you only pay for personal transactions, sending and receiving. Don't remember paying extra for purchasing stuff, and there are no running costs.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I thought the provision was done via the receiving end, so if you sell something. Could be that personal transactions between persons also are charged.
    I always used it for buying stuff, and with that, I never have paid a provision I believe.

Thanks for the clarrification Senad :)
  10. Good to know. However, when I try to sign up to PayPal, it still asks for credit card details. Am I missing something? My debit card does not have a CSC code, which is required.

Thanks for the great help BTW :D

EDIT: OK so I was being stupid earlier, I was not required to add CC details right away.

So now I went to ADD FUNDS under the MY ACCOUNT tab, but the only option is TRANSFER FUNDS FROM A BANK ACCOUNT IN THE UNITED STATES.

Really...? Is that my only option? lol
  11. So turns out our bank has just recently released MasterCard cards, so I got one and it worked first time. See you on the circuits soon :)
    • Like Like x 2