Buying Advice -ProSimu 3dof or Next Level V3

Hi to all..i am thinking of getting into a motion rig ..but not sure which way to go ...ie seat mover nlv3 or rig mover prosimu 3 dof ...any advice would be most welcome ..

Hi friend,

I cant offer any help on this but would like to see a thread for discussion on various options, including d.i.y options. In 2018 how hard it is to source and build a d.i.y motion solution. One that already has been tried and tested by the community with several user builds? What costs such may be, what pros/cons to just buying a product like the V3 or similar.

Upvote 0
I've tried quite a few of them and no domestic motion platform is realistic in my opinion. You'd need a Formula One team or NASA simulator for realism. But motion is really good fun and makes any car racing game come alive. I highly recommend it.

My favorite was the D-Box. The motion felt more natural, it was really quiet and is commercial grade. I can't speak for the durability of the ProSimu and Next Level v3 motion platforms.

Below are 3 videos where you can hear the motion platforms:
ProSimu
Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3
D-Box
Thanks for all the info.. the Dbox seems the best but very expensive and out off my price range....so for me it comes down to seat mover or rig mover ie NLV3.or Prosimu. which one has the better type of movement ???

Upvote 0
I have the T1000 3 Dof if you have any questions?
Hi Flibbberflops have you had any problems with your Prosimu i was reading else where that the actuators are off lower quality and are giving SOME people problems ..As this will be a big investment for me i do not want any problems ...:)

Upvote 0
Hi,
I am not aware of the problems you are refering to but I haven't had any issues in the last 6 months that I have have owned it. The actuators seem top quality to me. The only thing I can guess is that the actuators on the 3DOF are of lower wieght rating to bigger units (including the T1000 5DOF). They do this because the 3DOF only lifts up the front, the back (and most of the user wieght) rests on the frame. This means that you don't need as strong actuator. This brings two benifits A) Lower cost B) The smaller actuators have a faster reaction time. Of course on the T1000 5 DOF the actuators are holding all the weight and hence they are far bigger, slower and cost more.
The other thing I have noticed is that when you set it up, there is a strong warning NOT to set the actuator stroke length to 100%... It should be 80% max. I would imagine that if you ignore the warnings you could kill the actuator quite quickly?

The main thing I would say about the prosim, is if you want huge movements then it is not for you. The Actuators move about 10cm in total, so full left and zero right is the difference of 20cm max. However, it is amazingly reactive and the actuators make you fell every stone on the track. Sudden lurches are instantanious but not huge in distance. In fact you get so much feedback from the track that tactile speakers become redundant. To be honest I love it.
On the negative side, actuators are noisy. In my case it doesn't matter because I use VR with headphones. However it does limit the hours I can use on VR because my loft room setup can clearly be heard in the rooms below (it sounds like someone on a rowing machine above you). However, then again my Direct Drive wheel makes a racket with the FF so I doubt i could play even without the motion active.

One last thing to bare in mind, are you a Sim Driver or a Sim Racer? If you are a Sim driver then adding motion will no doubt bring a bucket load of immersion. However, if you are a sim driver I think there is little doubt that motion slows you down somewhat. Add together VR, Direct drive and Motion it undoubted gives you butt twitching moments when you go into corners hard... such events are not conducive to fast laps times.

Upvote 0
Hi Flibbberflops .thanks very much for all the info.. guess i do not have to worry about the actuators then..i have osw dd wheel also, and VRcv1..is there any flex in the mounting plate when using a dd wheel ..Still saving money to purchase maybe in the next few months i will be in a position to buy .Regards and thanks for all the info .:):D ps how much movement on the rear traction

Upvote 0
The whole frame is very solid. No flex in the mounting plate with a DD wheel, however the plate was too small for my DD wheel (which i thought odd considering the high end nature of the product). It wasn't a big issue, I just cut myself an adapter plate from 18mm MDF and painted it black. I also had to do some other work to accomodate my inverted pedals, but again not difficult.
The only other issue "out the box" is the MDF base in which it sits on is very minimal (obviously due to shipping). Although it worked fine, I opted to replace it with one big sheet of MDF (about 1.2m squared)

Upvote 0
I forgot to answer the question about rear traction. The movement is the same as the front actuators, so not huge.Although it has a larger pivot point so i guess you get about 10cm each way. Again the feeling in most cases is subtle (but effective). its only when you have large moments do you really notice it shifting a lot. The most effective feeling for me was when i was in a race and I was nudged in the rear side by another car... it felt so real that it spooked me out slightly.

Upvote 0
@Flibbberflops do you have any photos of your setup? I'm also interested in buying T1000 3DOF but I already have PlaySeat Sensation Pro and would mount it on the platform.

There are some pretty detailed Pictures here...
http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/review-prosimu-t1000-3dof-motion-simulator/

If you want some more specific photo's, let me know exactly what you want and I shall take some.

I have to say that the T1000 system is a bespoke frame which you don't add much to except pedals, wheels and shifter (plus seat if you didn't buy with the package). I doubt much (if any) from the playseat could be used. The other thing to bear in mind that weight is very much a factor with these actuator sims. Overloading it will add strain and slow it down. This is why they are finely balanced. I am pretty much certain you could add the playseat frame to the T1000. Even if it worked I expect you would be out of warranty.

Upvote 0
Query, how does the V3 react with their software for bumps regarding the front and rear wheels.
Can someone try in different sims (preferably Assetto Corsa) and tell me if they drive slowly with both front wheels over a bump how that compares with the rear wheels

Is the motion the same or different?
What then happens at higher speeds?

Upvote 0
There are some pretty detailed Pictures here...
http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/review-prosimu-t1000-3dof-motion-simulator/

If you want some more specific photo's, let me know exactly what you want and I shall take some.

I have to say that the T1000 system is a bespoke frame which you don't add much to except pedals, wheels and shifter (plus seat if you didn't buy with the package). I doubt much (if any) from the playseat could be used. The other thing to bear in mind that weight is very much a factor with these actuator sims. Overloading it will add strain and slow it down. This is why they are finely balanced. I am pretty much certain you could add the playseat frame to the T1000. Even if it worked I expect you would be out of warranty.
HI Flibbberflops i have just been in contact with Patrick from ProSimu and you can order the T1000-3 motion with the larger and more powerful 4 motion actuators.. and they now have a new version of those acuators that are faster and more powerful at 193 kg and 2G ..regards Bluey

Upvote 0
Hi,
I am not aware of the problems you are refering to but I haven't had any issues in the last 6 months that I have have owned it. The actuators seem top quality to me. The only thing I can guess is that the actuators on the 3DOF are of lower wieght rating to bigger units (including the T1000 5DOF). They do this because the 3DOF only lifts up the front, the back (and most of the user wieght) rests on the frame. This means that you don't need as strong actuator. This brings two benifits A) Lower cost B) The smaller actuators have a faster reaction time. Of course on the T1000 5 DOF the actuators are holding all the weight and hence they are far bigger, slower and cost more.
The other thing I have noticed is that when you set it up, there is a strong warning NOT to set the actuator stroke length to 100%... It should be 80% max. I would imagine that if you ignore the warnings you could kill the actuator quite quickly?

The main thing I would say about the prosim, is if you want huge movements then it is not for you. The Actuators move about 10cm in total, so full left and zero right is the difference of 20cm max. However, it is amazingly reactive and the actuators make you fell every stone on the track. Sudden lurches are instantanious but not huge in distance. In fact you get so much feedback from the track that tactile speakers become redundant. To be honest I love it.
On the negative side, actuators are noisy. In my case it doesn't matter because I use VR with headphones. However it does limit the hours I can use on VR because my loft room setup can clearly be heard in the rooms below (it sounds like someone on a rowing machine above you). However, then again my Direct Drive wheel makes a racket with the FF so I doubt i could play even without the motion active.

One last thing to bare in mind, are you a Sim Driver or a Sim Racer? If you are a Sim driver then adding motion will no doubt bring a bucket load of immersion. However, if you are a sim driver I think there is little doubt that motion slows you down somewhat. Add together VR, Direct drive and Motion it undoubted gives you butt twitching moments when you go into corners hard... such events are not conducive to fast laps times.
I get better results on dirt rally with no motion, but with motion im having a lot more fun trying to hold it down

Upvote 0
Thinking of getting one of these (T1000-3) but worried about space.
What size is the base that holds the frame?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back