1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying advice from SLI guys please!

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Spyder_Si, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Tried the trial last night and have got to say its blown me away, fantastic handling and FFB! However, I don't know whether it's a problem with SLI, version 1.6 or whether I'm just expecting too much but I was unable to run a full field of 34 cars without the game turning into a stuttering mess!

My rig is a 2500k @4.6ghz, sli gtx580s with latest nvidia drivers, 8gb 1600ram and triple screens at 5760x1080. I get around 100-120 frames with 20 cars at interlagos but it goes downhill fast in terms of fps after that!

Any advice or help would be appreciated :)
  2. Try to reduce the shadows. Or supress them. You have a huge config. I am sure you can run the game.
  3. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

Maybe it doesnt like sli.

I only have 1 monitor 1680 x 1050, but im getting around 120 fps with everything maxed out in 34 car races on a single oc'd gtx 260.

It could also just be the 1.6 version. 1.7 does run alot better than 1.6 did on my sys.
  4. Problem solved! I had nvidia control panel forcing Vsync, as soon as I disabled that I hit over 100fps starting at the back of a 34 car grid with everything maxed!? Not sure why Vsync was crippling fps but glad to have it sorted :)

Bought the game now, can't believe how much fun the handling is, can't see iracing getting a look in for a while, great job Reiza! Very much looking forward to the Senna game now ...