Buying 6 Items (20% discount)

Nearly got SR to 4 in road so planning for D class. So far I have in my cart (not owned);

• Skip Barber
  • Virginia
  • Zandvoort
  • Watkins Glen
  • Mid-Ohio
(All tracks needed for skippy apart from Road Atlanta which is not till October anyway)

Need 1 more to make 6 so im thinking either the Vette, Star Mazda (unfortunately they are in class B and C so I would be stuck with the skippy and nothing else till then). Trouble is I dont really fancy the Mustang so may get the Jetta which I imagine is a little like touring cars

Any suggestions anyone for 1 more car?
Ta,
Dan.

I've gone and shopped for all that Daniel. Great choice as its 12 weeks of racing for you. Star Mazda is another excellent choice. If you are into your openwheelers dont leave it behind.

How is ur experience so far with iRacing Daniel?

Read my blogs lol. Going great so far thanks, just had one race though to try and get my rating to 4 (it was 3.87), first corner some guy decides he will come from about 9th and brake 2meters before turn :mad: wiped about 3 people out including me and I got 4x penalty for god sake! ah well apart from that fantastic :)

The Jetta is not my cup of tea, owned the Mazda (because was part of the bundle that I purchased) and just recently got the V8. Man, that's an animal. Not sure whether I will ever be able to race it and started getting to the 'i am frustrated' limit. But definitively more lively than the Jetta.

Another reason for the V8 over the Jetta, the Jetta schedule is only on certain days, V8 is 7x24 :). Not sure whether the races are populated (as I am not yet race ready).

V8 races are nowhere near populated as Mazda races are, maybe someday...but for sure challenging/fun car to drive

Yeah, Mazda races are very busy these days. Last night I was looking at Spectator sessions and decided to hover over the helmets in all the Hosted and Official sessions just to count how many drivers were racing. It was over 750...

That's a lot more than usual. We're getting closer to the point when all series will be populated. In 2 1/2 months when Spa and the Williams are released I imagine another jump in membership. Even without the F1/Spa content iRacing has been averaging over 400 new subscribers every day.

Much higher than the 100 to 150 from back in 2008. Slowly but surely iRacing is overcoming the too many series problem. Still a few slow series, but now many series have 2 to 3 or more splits. That makes the iRating system work better too.

Even without the F1/Spa content iRacing has been averaging over 400 new subscribers every day.

Guess you meant 'every week'.. at least that's what it looks like in Wolfgangs infamous thread:
http://members.iracing.com/iforum/thread.jspa?threadID=53589&tstart=0&start=0

:poke: :wink:

Personally I would suggest the Star Mazda as well - especially if you like open wheel cars. Pretty nice car and great racing with official sessions all the time. The track schedule is nice too.
I don't really like the Jetta. FWD is fun and all.. but the diesel is just too quite and it's difficult to find official races in this series.

My other suggestions would be: Corvette, Indycar and Radical (in this order)

Guess you meant 'every week'.. at least that's what it looks like in Wolfgangs infamous thread:
http://members.iracing.com/iforum/thread.jspa?threadID=53589&tstart=0&start=0

:poke: :wink:

Personally I would suggest the Star Mazda as well - especially if you like open wheel cars. Pretty nice car and great racing with official sessions all the time. The track schedule is nice too.
I don't really like the Jetta. FWD is fun and all.. but the diesel is just too quite and it's difficult to find official races in this series.

My other suggestions would be: Corvette, Indycar and Radical (in this order)

Opps, yeah. Good catch. I meant every week. :)

I got the Mustang and love it really, quite a challenge to drive really fast !
But reading what you lot write about the mazda makes me think about getting that in my next 6packbuy as well.
Though I am mostly looking forward to the V8 and the Corvette, now thats some mighty cars to drive !! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back