1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Button, buttons, buttons...

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Marc Collins, Nov 30, 2016 at 22:20.

1. (Ooops, I see we cannot edit the titles here even when there is a typo!)

There are more and more buttons appearing on steering wheels now, and some of us got lucky and got a button box as a gift ;)

If you had to list your top 10 or a dozen rF2 functions to put on your valuable and limited wheel or button box controls, what would they be? I'd love to hear what others are doing before I finalize my configuration and labels.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Depends what kind of cars you are racing :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. And what kind of race-types you are racing. :p

4. Horn, I always map the horn, LOL!

Lights, wipers, starter, ignition, brake bias, DRS, and now boost level.
    Pit request, pit menu navigation, HUD cycle, HUD on/off.
    Vote yes/no, any chat presets you use online.
    Alternate escape, live/delay replay.
    Glance left/right if you have single monitor.

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

IMO: the most import buttons: Pit-limiter and a starter button (if you don't use auto clutch)

HUD cycle is called "LCD mode" in the controller setup. It's usefull too.

6. Oops, yes pit-limiter!

7. I built my own for my G27 primarily for F1 2016, but I use it for RF2 also. Here's a link to that post: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/arduino-for-keyboard-macros-wip.127098/
    I used a Teensy microcontroller and programmed a bunch of macros on the buttons.

For RF2 I need DRS, limiter, pit request and I like to fiddle with the differential on the fly. Fuel mix would be another critical one to have.

8. Another question for modern F1 fans. I look at the wheel on the modern F1 cars in rF2. FIrst, assuming you can even figure out what all the buttons and controls are on the wheel (!), which ones even have corresponding controls in rF2?