Buri's Rig

Hi,

last month I bought my first wheel Thrustmaster T-GT and got hooked up in no time :), then I figured I would need a rig, so I started with Next Level Racing GTUltimate V2. Despite good reviews, I haven’t liked it, the seat had a lot of flex and weird shape for me, so I returned it. Ever since I’m reading through the forums figuring out how to improve my setup, which is desk and wooden chair right now :).

I have just ordered rseat N1 and HPP 3P-PRX-SE pedals as T-GT pedals were lacking, now I have some time meanwhile the orders arrives, so I’m figuring what to do next and tactile seems to be next best upgrade, so driving doesn’t feel so “dead”, although even without tactile this is most fun I had on PC ever :).

As for the plans, I will be keeping T-GT steering wheel for now. Currently I’m building DYI handbrake, I have some parts ordered, so when I have some progress, I will put some photos up, maybe with little step by step tutorial if it will be interesting for anyone (I’m total beginner so I will be figuring everything out as I go). It will be simple load cell handbrake.

So far I ordered Handbrake, Load Cell, Controller Board, I hope it all fits together. I will solve mechanical part when I get my hands on the handbrake. I was thinking about hydraulics, but it seems lot more complicated and expensive. Especially when for example HE are using also just load cells in their top of the line pedals, so I figured it must be good enough for DYI handbrake as well :).

For now I’m running laptop with CORE I7 and Geforce 1060 6GB and 24’’ monitor. This will be my next goal after tactile, but I will probably wait until summer or later when new graphic cards arrive and TVs with HDMI 2.1 with VRR (variable refresh rate) and possibly VR, this will be long wait, but I will at least have some time to gather some finances :).

Then I would like to get DD wheel and in more distant future I would like to get seat mover, probably Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3 as it integrates with rseat N1 quite nicely. My inspiration is Diablo2112 rig, it looks absolutely fantastic!

I will be eternally grateful for any help / advice anyone can give. Many thanks!

Your rig looks very neat. It will really come alive I'm sure when you get the SSW software.

@Mr Latte will no doubt give you the answers that you need, but in response to your queries of me:

I have seen that @Ceolmor is getting Behringer MS8000 for channel duplication, do I also need this? Anything else?

No, that's not me. But I would be interested to know how it works.

@Ceolmor you are suggesting in your thread that Behringer DSP line could get discontinued, have you found more information? Do I need to stock up on them? Or there is some other option or they will release updated lineup? DSP features looks like they are quite unique. I think it would be best to has amps from same lineup, as you can deal with only one software, has same settings etc.

No, I researched this. Don't quote me on this because I could be wrong, but what I think is happening is that Behringer are dropping some of the large sellers, like Thomann and possibly even Amazon who undercut prices, to support their other "normal" retailers. So they will be about, but maybe the prices will go up.

7) When I fire DSP 1000, its fan is noisy as airplane going for take-off :) is that normal @Mr Latte @Ceolmor? I have seen some tutorials for replacing fan, but it seems to be worth it to possibly void warranty as this is unbearable - and this is just one, I can't imagine running 3 - 4 amps this loud. Do you have any recommended tutorial? Can the fan speed be linked to actual temperature and need for cooling? It seems to me running max rpm on fans from start is just unneccessary.

Oh yes. Very noisy, but you get used to it. If you wear headphones when racing it is not an issue.
If you search 'inuke fan mod' you will find lots of information. You'll want one of these fans https://noctua.at/en/nf-r8-redux-1800-pwm and one of these leads https://www.moddiy.com/products/4%2dPin-Standard-Fan-Connector-(Male)-to-Mini-2%2dPin-GPU-Fan-Connector-(Female).html

Upvote 0
Ah, sorry, about that quote in regards with stock of iNukes and MS8000, I have looked wrong and I see now it was reply to you from Mr Latte.

Thanks for the explanation, seems reasonable. If they continue to manufacture them that's good, price is fair I would say.

The noise is normal then :) I was worried mine is faulty as it didn't seem right. I will do the fan replacement mod. Thanks for the links, that simple cable for 10$ is crazy, ah I see worldwide shipping, that must be it, I hope I will find some cheaper local option.

Upvote 0
Ah, sorry, about that quote in regards with stock of iNukes and MS8000, I have looked wrong and I see now it was reply to you from Mr Latte.

Thanks for the explanation, seems reasonable. If they continue to manufacture them that's good, price is fair I would say.

The noise is normal then :) I was worried mine is faulty as it didn't seem right. I will do the fan replacement mod. Thanks for the links, that simple cable for 10$ is crazy, ah I see worldwide shipping, that must be it, I hope I will find some cheaper local option.

If your USA you can find that cable much cheaper, seems diy.mod website, increased the price.
Doing this mod means you CAN return the amp back to "normal" and Behringer should be none the wiser. However, people have been using this mod for over 2 years. I have it on all my amps using it with no problems.

See Here:

It takes 15 mins to remove the 6 lid screws and 4 fan screws, pop in the new fan (take note the air comes from the back out the front). Connect the cable, test it spins with power up and place back the screws.

When you have more than one amp the noise is even worse so this is very much worth doing. :)

I'm too tired and scunnered at present to put much effort into responses, taking a break as focusing on my own build. I got the Behringer MS8000 (nice bit of kit) but still have cables to buy.

Do not expect much from those little bobbins, 1/2 inch of rubber in them is not going to work miracles. I have shared in many threads, various materials that could improve immersion and isolation. Be it Dynamat / Fatmat, sound proofing underlay, Wagner isolation pads, various isolators as well. What is needed is a group effort of people testing such to help determine what or how best results or "money best spent" for such can be achieved.

For "Audio tactile" if you boost the 30Hz and Hz below, either by your soundcard EQ or via "PEACE EQ" it will bring much better results. With it you can use Parametric EQ to create a 10Hz / 15Hz / 20Hz control and boost these or save EQ presets for specific cars. I tested and created over 20 with pretty good results.

Have found that some USB soundcards can work much better if using a headphone amplifier as a pre-amp (fiio are ideal). Also with some cards I tried STEREO was better in dynamics than the 5.1 output.

Still got more testing to do myself as was comparing two USB cards. The Asus U5 and the Sound Blaster Omni but if experimenting I can assure you that usage of good EQ in boosting for the subharmonics will GREATLY improve "Audio Tactile". If running default "audio" you won't come close feeling the true energy of the LFE. So we need to separate "headphone/speaker" audio from "transducer audio tactile" each with own settings.

PEACE EQ seems the best on PC and can be set with its useful "auto clipping" feature.
This software allows you to REALLY push and control the "audio tactile" for your transducers or shakers.

In testing, I have achieved some very high-quality results with custom SSW effects and this application of boosting the audio. Both mixed and controlled together is wonderful, I don't think anyone else is pursuing this much but I know how good it can be and why I'm personally excited by it..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If your USA you can find that cable much cheaper, seems diy.mod website, increased the price.
Doing this mod means you CAN return the amp back to "normal" and Behringer should be none the wiser. However, people have been using this mod for over 2 years. I have it on all my amps using it with no problems.

See Here:

It takes 15 mins to remove the 6 lid screws and 4 fan screws, pop in the new fan (take note the air comes from the back out the front). Connect the cable, test it spins with power up and place back the screws.

When you have more than one amp the noise is even worse so this is very much worth doing. :)

I'm too tired and scunnered at present to put much effort into responses, taking a break as focusing on my own build. I got the Behringer MS8000 (nice bit of kit) but still have cables to buy.

Do not expect much from those little bobbins, 1/2 inch of rubber in them is not going to work miracles. I have shared in many threads, various materials that could improve immersion and isolation. Be it Dynamat / Fatmat, sound proofing underlay, Wagner isolation pads, various isolators as well. What is needed is a group effort of people testing such to help determine what or how best results or "money best spent" for such can be achieved.

For "Audio tactile" if you boost the 30Hz and Hz below, either by your soundcard EQ or via "PEACE EQ" it will bring much better results. With it you can use Parametric EQ to create a 10Hz / 15Hz / 20Hz control and boost these or save EQ presets for specific cars. I tested and created over 20 with pretty good results.

Have found that some USB soundcards can work much better if using a headphone amplifier as a pre-amp (fiio are ideal). Also with some cards I tried STEREO was better in dynamics than the 5.1 output.

Still got more testing to do myself as was comparing two USB cards. The Asus U5 and the Sound Blaster Omni but if experimenting I can assure you that usage of good EQ in boosting for the subharmonics will GREATLY improve "Audio Tactile". If running default "audio" you won't come close feeling the true energy of the LFE. So we need to separate "headphone/speaker" audio from "transducer audio tactile" each with own settings.

PEACE EQ seems the best on PC and can be set with its useful "auto clipping" feature.
This software allows you to REALLY push and control the "audio tactile" for your transducers or shakers.

In testing, I have achieved some very high-quality results with custom SSW effects and this application of boosting the audio. Both mixed and controlled together is wonderful, I don't think anyone else is pursuing this much but I know how good it can be and why I'm personally excited by it..

I will change the fan, it's really necessary, thanks for the link.

Yeah, I understand, one can have only as much time and energy, as you have put tremendous effort in the forums and pushing tactile community forward, thanks for that, these forums and your threads and responses are limitless resource! Hope you will share what you come up with in your final build :).

Yeah, you are right, those little bobbins seems weak, I think these flanged mounts could work better, I will try them and see how they are. I will probably try 2 layers of these: separate seat & pedals from the main N1 construction. Then second layer to separate whole N1 from the wooden platform.

And in the end, I'm thinking about square flanged mounts for final separation of the wooden platform from the ground. These looks quite strong :)

Also I will try to combine these with other approaches as you suggested, and see how it will go.

I'm still waiting to get SSW so I will start experimenting as soon as I can, I'm really excited :) I have now Creative X-Fi 5.1 external soundcard, but it has quite crappy drivers, so I will go for PEACE EQ for adjustments straight away.

Mixing audio tactile and telemetry tactile would never occurred to me if that's what you are suggesting, as I thought the telemetry tactile is much more superior. I will have to start with the basic stuff to get my tactile legs :)

Upvote 0
I will change the fan, it's really necessary, thanks for the link.

Yeah, I understand, one can have only as much time and energy, as you have put tremendous effort in the forums and pushing tactile community forward, thanks for that, these forums and your threads and responses are limitless resource! Hope you will share what you come up with in your final build :).

Yeah, you are right, those little bobbins seems weak, I think these flanged mounts could work better, I will try them and see how they are. I will probably try 2 layers of these: separate seat & pedals from the main N1 construction. Then second layer to separate whole N1 from the wooden platform.

And in the end, I'm thinking about square flanged mounts for final separation of the wooden platform from the ground. These looks quite strong :)

Also I will try to combine these with other approaches as you suggested, and see how it will go.

I'm still waiting to get SSW so I will start experimenting as soon as I can, I'm really excited :) I have now Creative X-Fi 5.1 external soundcard, but it has quite crappy drivers, so I will go for PEACE EQ for adjustments straight away.

Mixing audio tactile and telemetry tactile would never occurred to me if that's what you are suggesting, as I thought the telemetry tactile is much more superior. I will have to start with the basic stuff to get my tactile legs :)

Will keep an eye here to see how you progress with things. Also some others in PM that are making progress with their own builds.

The more people try or share how some isolators or materials work then the better. Its an area that really needs more feedback and testing. Dynamat etc applied to some of your cockpit should help reverb or ringing if its an issue.

Peace EQ Help
Several part guide here

Some people will tell you that you don't need audio-tactile if you are using telemetry based tactile. Ive seen comments over the years in various forums, "Simvibe is so much superior" etc.

What I would say is from what I discovered, is they clearly can not have researched and tested or compared each option fully or have capable hardware for the most extreme low frequencies. Basically both types of sources, have their advantages and disadvantages. I am incorporating into my own rig the ability to mix both for each channel but then be able to control how much strength goes to one (SSW) or the other (Audio Tactile). This is handy and right at my finger tips as with some cars or in different sims you may want less or more gain for one or the other.

What I will say is learn to use PEACE and in particular boosting from 10Hz - 30Hz for the main tactile bass energy. It will make a BIG difference (if using models like the BK Advance BK LFE BK Concert) You can increase the gain of specific Hz you want by large amounts +10db or 15dB or more. This will extract audio energy, some people are not even aware of as it is contained within many of the actual audio effects. The issue is boosting the specific Hz enough to get the benefits.

In Assetto Corsa set engine to about 8 and bumps to 10. Grab some of the user created sound files (Fonesecker etc) and you will find if boosting the audio Hz properly some of the cars engines have great sensation and character. You don't get this from telemetry based tactile, while we can get the energy of a false generated engine. So when combined with the audio-tactile we are adding too that, bringing the actual car's character as well.

I test alot with GT cars but ones like the AMG GT3, C7R are two examples using the available custom audio files from the community that can generate a lot of energy and detailed immersion.

Other benefits with audio tactile are some kerbs, and tarmac sections that have no telemetry response whatsoever, yet you will indeed feel them with the combined audio-tactile, Imola is a good example. Stereo bumps also work very well in audio as can the car bottoming (Bathurst / Brands Hatch) but what audio does not have is much feel from the actual tarmac surface nor any response from G-forces. This is the areas telemetry based tactile can deliver its own benefits and with good detail as well as intense bumps from kerbs etc.

What we find is that the audio has "more character" as it is a mix of many many tones combined into the sound generated, while telemetry effects from say Simvibe are focused more on restricted/limited frequencies that deliver impact or felt punch. When both are combined you can achieve a richer and more satisfying tactile, yet I stress having a good balance and control in using suitable settings is important.

If you combine a BK and a TST in a Dual Role configuration as I recommend then here these both are well executed with the detail of the TST for the "character" and the BK for the "energy" and slam. This is why I will implement dual units on all my channels in pursuit of taking it to the max.

So if or when you start testing both audio and telemetry-based tactile I do hope you or others reading find what advantages each can bring. I have spent many hours monitoring and looking at each to better understand how, when and what each brings. Want the best, if so then both are relevant.

Explore and have fun perhaps....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Will keep an eye here to see how you progress with things. Also some others in PM that are making progress with their own builds.

The more people try or share how some isolators or materials work then the better. Its an area that really needs more feedback and testing. Dynamat etc applied to some of your cockpit should help reverb or ringing if its an issue.

Peace EQ Help
Several part guide here

Some people will tell you that you don't need audio-tactile if you are using telemetry based tactile. Ive seen comments over the years in various forums, "Simvibe is so much superior" etc.

What I would say is from what I discovered, is they clearly can not have researched and tested or compared each option fully or have capable hardware for the most extreme low frequencies. Basically both types of sources, have their advantages and disadvantages. I am incorporating into my own rig the ability to mix both for each channel but then be able to control how much strength goes to one (SSW) or the other (Audio Tactile). This is handy and right at my finger tips as with some cars or in different sims you may want less or more gain for one or the other.

What I will say is learn to use PEACE and in particular boosting from 10Hz - 30Hz for the main tactile bass energy. It will make a BIG difference (if using models like the BK Advance BK LFE BK Concert) You can increase the gain of specific Hz you want by large amounts +10db or 15dB or more. This will extract audio energy, some people are not even aware of as it is contained within many of the actual audio effects. The issue is boosting the specific Hz enough to get the benefits.

In Assetto Corsa set engine to about 8 and bumps to 10. Grab some of the user created sound files (Fonesecker etc) and you will find if boosting the audio Hz properly some of the cars engines have great sensation and character. You don't get this from telemetry based tactile, while we can get the energy of a false generated engine. So when combined with the audio-tactile we are adding too that, bringing the actual car's character as well.

I test alot with GT cars but ones like the AMG GT3, C7R are two examples using the available custom audio files from the community that can generate a lot of energy and detailed immersion.

Other benefits with audio tactile are some kerbs, and tarmac sections that have no telemetry response whatsoever, yet you will indeed feel them with the combined audio-tactile, Imola is a good example. Stereo bumps also work very well in audio as can the car bottoming (Bathurst / Brands Hatch) but what audio does not have is much feel from the actual tarmac surface nor any response from G-forces. This is the areas telemetry based tactile can deliver its own benefits and with good detail as well as intense bumps from kerbs etc.

What we find is that the audio has "more character" as it is a mix of many many tones combined into the sound generated, while telemetry effects from say Simvibe are focused more on restricted/limited frequencies that deliver impact or felt punch. When both are combined you can achieve a richer and more satisfying tactile, yet I stress having a good balance and control in using suitable settings is important.

If you combine a BK and a TST in a Dual Role configuration as I recommend then here these both are well executed with the detail of the TST for the "character" and the BK for the "energy" and slam. This is why I will implement dual units on all my channels in pursuit of taking it to the max.

So if or when you start testing both audio and telemetry-based tactile I do hope you or others reading find what advantages each can bring. I have spent many hours monitoring and looking at each to better understand how, when and what each brings. Want the best, if so then both are relevant.

Explore and have fun perhaps....

Hmm, that combination of audio & telemetry sounds interesting for sure, sounds pretty advanced though :). You surely have valid point, that for some situations (smooth road, kerbs etc.) it must feel weird not to feel anything / limited response. SSW doesn't support some fake road texture based on speed to have at least something from telemetry?

@Mr Latte What about practical connection of this setup (mixing audio & tactile)? Is that what you are using Behringer MS8000 for? So basically you have 3 soundcards?

a) 1 for regular audio
b) 1 for audio used in tactile and
c) 1 for telemetry tactile

Then you are feeding connections from soundcard b) and c) into the splitter, for example 2 audio channels from those 2 soundcards gets combined inside splitter in one signal and then you feed this combined signal inside the Amplifier and then to the ButtKicker?

You are controlling the intensity EQ for different soundcards / channels inside PC via Peace EQ?

Do I understand it correctly? Maybe I understood it completely wrong, as splitter suggests it's splitting signals, but maybe it can be used in reverse to combine signals :).

Seems interesting and I would love to try this.

On another note, after long research I just ordered 3 different specialized anti vibration mounts / flanges with different maximum loads / characteristics to see what works best:

1) SANDWICH MOUNTS (max 95 kg)

2) FLANGED MOUNTS (max. 69 kg)

3) UU SHEAR MOUNT (max. 50 kg)

I hope at least some of these will work :) I'll let you know with the results.

Upvote 0
It's not that complicated in how you put it.
It can be broke down primarily into it being 2 sources from two individual sound cards.

I have been using the (Art SplitMix 4) which has 4 rotary controls.

Superb build quality product...

I use this as a mixer but bringing control currently just for the rear channels as I'm testing it so far on my seat. This allow's me to adjust the gain for "audio tactile" rear left & rear right and then "SSW" rear left & rear right. I would buy another for the front channels and likely a 3rd for cen/sub. This would make it possible to mix 5.1 audio with 6 channel SSW tactile config.

If desired I could have audio and SSW mixed over the main 4 "Quadraphonic" channels, and then use Simvibe in extensions mode with SSW for certain effects over only the cen/sub channels. It's all possible if such was wanted to be done.

I can kill any channels output individually or have only 1 channel or source active. Additionally, if using 2 or 3 of these it would just look like a rotary dial button box.

Another excellent bit of hardware.

The MS 8000 is used to duplicate the channels. Regardless of what the mix or output may be. Simply giving 2 lag/distortion free outputs with XLR cables for the iNuke amps. One for TST and the other for the BK for my Dual Role config. With the iNuke we can then use the DSP features for controlling and tuning the tactile units with individual settings to suit each unit used.

PEACE EQ is for the primary audio card only. So it's not being used with SSW or Simvibe. The goal with it is to extract the most out of the "audio-tactile".

Someone using VR would have "audio mirroring" so headphone audio via HDMI and their GPU but also via the primary sound card for the EQ boosted audio for tactile.

I believe it is possible to mirror audio via "virtual banana" software to enable a separate sound card and settings for headphone or speaker audio. This means it bypasses the boosted EQ used only for the tactile.

The goal I seem to be reaching for, would be in having previously made and tuned SSW effects and my SSW slider settings available for specific individual cars. Just by selecting a loadable profile in SSW. I would then do the same with PEACE EQ for the audio-tactile. So In PEACE software, just load a pre-saved EQ profile for the same car. The result is a well tuned and professional tactile immersion greater than what most currently are using or experiencing.

Example in showing some of my own toys/playing around...

Few will go to this level of monitoring/testing and in comparing effects with professional hardware/software that I personally enjoy doing. Here was early monitoring of using just the Creative EQ for "Audio Tactile" but it is very limited to the features and controls offered by PEACE EQ. As I alter the EQ I can see what changes it is making to the output to any or all channels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ahh, I think I'm starting to understand, still pretty complicated though :)

So this one Art SplitMix 4 is able to completely mix inputs from 2 soundcards.

I'm quite confused here regarding connection.

How do you lead it from each soundcard to the Art SplitMix 4 (example for one jack for REAR LEFT + REAR RIGHT)?

a) 3,5 mm jack to 6,35 mm jack

Simple like this?

upload_2018-3-2_3-42-59.png

b) 3,5 mm jack to 2x6,35 mm jack

Or fork it like this in order to be able to mix the channels together?

upload_2018-3-2_3-36-50.png

How do you lead it from mixer to MS8000 for dual role setup?

a) 6,35 mm jack to 3,5 mm jack reduction

Combined like this?

upload_2018-3-2_3-50-46.png

With 3,5 mm jact to 2x XLR to the amp?

upload_2018-3-2_3-53-31.png

b) 2x 6,35mm jacks to amp

Or 2 saparate cables like this?

upload_2018-3-2_3-57-42.png

What would be connection scheme?

upload_2018-3-2_3-31-17.png

Then I suppose it will be easy:

FROM MS8000

1x XLR in, 2x XLR out to two amps.

FROM AMPS

4x SpeakONs to transducers

Wow, this looks crazy :)

Sorry if I'm too dumb to understand how it works straight away, but this connection scheme seems pretty complicated for me :)

I see there is lot of connections, should I be worried about signal deteriorating over so many connections or it isn't problem? I suppose quality gold covered connectors are neccesary?

---

Regarding MS 8000 I just ordered one together with NU 3000 DSP :) Bad thing is that estimated delivery is 2 months, it seems like there is iNuke shortage, at least for 3000 DSP model. I decided to get 3000 DSP as they are not that much more expensive and I will be calmer to run them long term on BK Advance.

I will use 1000 DSP I already have for TST239 when they arrive, which are recommended to run at 4 ohms that can deliver stable 75-100 watts @ 4 ohms, which could be easier on the amplifier than bigger ButtKicker Advance.

---

1) Same audio for tactile and "regular audio"

With running the audio tactile on same soundcard that is used for audio for speakers / headphones, is the sound going into speakers / headphones ok when there is equalizer set up to boost low frequencies for tactile which the regular speakers can't play without distortion?

If used like this it would require to duplicate each channel from audio soundcard?

upload_2018-3-2_4-18-34.png

2) People using VR have option to run sound over HDMI + GPU?

This option only applies to VR?

3) How do you mean it would work with virtual banana?

That you would use 5.1 output just for audio tactile and this virtual banana allows to use headphone output simultaneously?

4) Using separate soundcard for audio (3 soundcards in total) + software Virtual Audio Cable

I have ran into problem and I needed to run 2 soundcards with one application. I found out it's not possible in Windows by default. However I when I was googling I found this solution:

Virtual Audio Cable thread - see response from JoshKJones replied on September 20, 2011.

He says it's possible using this software to make some additional virtual soundcards which would get audio signal from single app and then send it to 2 soundcards - one for tactile and the other for regular audio.

I didn't try it, but it might solve the problem. But I'm not sure about comaptibility, ability to use Peace EQ on these virtual soundcards etc.

Maybe you haven't heard of this software and could give you another option to try :)

5) Splitting each channel from audio soundcard + hardware equalizer

upload_2018-3-2_4-18-34.png

Other option that comes to my mind is to split each channel, one to delivier to regular audio.

Feed the other one to some hardware equalizer, for example this, and then to other parts of the audio system.

Sorry for long post, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this, but maybe you will find little bits useful if you haven't considered Virtual Audio Cable.

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-2_3-50-25.png
    upload_2018-3-2_3-50-25.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 244
  • upload_2018-3-2_3-50-27.png
    upload_2018-3-2_3-50-27.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 221
  • upload_2018-3-2_3-53-29.png
    upload_2018-3-2_3-53-29.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0
Ahh, I think I'm starting to understand, still pretty complicated though :)

So this one Art SplitMix 4 is able to completely mix inputs from 2 soundcards.

I'm quite confused here regarding connection.

How do you lead it from each soundcard to the Art SplitMix 4 (example for one jack for REAR LEFT + REAR RIGHT)?

a) 3,5 mm jack to 6,35 mm jack

Simple like this?

View attachment 238690

b) 3,5 mm jack to 2x6,35 mm jack

Or fork it like this in order to be able to mix the channels together?

View attachment 238689

How do you lead it from mixer to MS8000 for dual role setup?

a) 6,35 mm jack to 3,5 mm jack reduction

Combined like this?

View attachment 238693
With 3,5 mm jact to 2x XLR to the amp?

View attachment 238695

b) 2x 6,35mm jacks to amp

Or 2 saparate cables like this?

View attachment 238696

What would be connection scheme?

View attachment 238688

Then I suppose it will be easy:

FROM MS8000

1x XLR in, 2x XLR out to two amps.

FROM AMPS

4x SpeakONs to transducers

Wow, this looks crazy :)

Sorry if I'm too dumb to understand how it works straight away, but this connection scheme seems pretty complicated for me :)

I see there is lot of connections, should I be worried about signal deteriorating over so many connections or it isn't problem? I suppose quality gold covered connectors are neccesary?

---

Regarding MS 8000 I just ordered one together with NU 3000 DSP :) Bad thing is that estimated delivery is 2 months, it seems like there is iNuke shortage, at least for 3000 DSP model. I decided to get 3000 DSP as they are not that much more expensive and I will be calmer to run them long term on BK Advance.

I will use 1000 DSP I already have for TST239 when they arrive, which are recommended to run at 4 ohms that can deliver stable 75-100 watts @ 4 ohms, which could be easier on the amplifier than bigger ButtKicker Advance.

---

1) Same audio for tactile and "regular audio"

With running the audio tactile on same soundcard that is used for audio for speakers / headphones, is the sound going into speakers / headphones ok when there is equalizer set up to boost low frequencies for tactile which the regular speakers can't play without distortion?

If used like this it would require to duplicate each channel from audio soundcard?

View attachment 238703

2) People using VR have option to run sound over HDMI + GPU?

This option only applies to VR?

3) How do you mean it would work with virtual banana?

That you would use 5.1 output just for audio tactile and this virtual banana allows to use headphone output simultaneously?

4) Using separate soundcard for audio (3 soundcards in total) + software Virtual Audio Cable

I have ran into problem and I needed to run 2 soundcards with one application. I found out it's not possible in Windows by default. However I when I was googling I found this solution:

Virtual Audio Cable thread - see response from JoshKJones replied on September 20, 2011.

He says it's possible using this software to make some additional virtual soundcards which would get audio signal from single app and then send it to 2 soundcards - one for tactile and the other for regular audio.

I didn't try it, but it might solve the problem. But I'm not sure about comaptibility, ability to use Peace EQ on these virtual soundcards etc.

Maybe you haven't heard of this software and could give you another option to try :)

5) Splitting each channel from audio soundcard + hardware equalizer

View attachment 238703
Other option that comes to my mind is to split each channel, one to delivier to regular audio.

Feed the other one to some hardware equalizer, for example this, and then to other parts of the audio system.

Sorry for long post, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this, but maybe you will find little bits useful if you haven't considered Virtual Audio Cable.

Ahh, too many questions for me in one post mate....
Will answer some points in general....

Its not complicated when we break it down and think it through properly.
Diagrams for the devices and cabling could be done but really most people will not seek to have this level of control.

This is me with ideals in what represent features towards "my own ultimate" tactile build.
I dont know anyone that is seeking or experimenting to the level my own build is going too. Nor is any professional cockpit available to buy close to delivering tactile at this level.

The mixer adds to the cabling of course and if going for good branded cables like Neutrik then this increases the costs. Some cables costing over £20 each. However some people have no problem spending hundreds on a "wheel rim" or "gearstick" "handbrake". So I have no issue spending the money required to bring this level of control to my fingertips and the convenience as well. It works great for me thus far in the testing I have done. Also brillant for comparing responses or effects of SSW to Audio or indeed Simvibe. So very valuable tool in this regard for those interested in such.

Trust me when I say its possible but for anyone just starting into tactile then I'd say slow down, walk before you run.

You are right that one issue in using the PEACE EQ with different settings for various cars will affect the audio for headphones or speakers. If the speaker or headset used cannot generate frequencies below 30Hz or even 20Hz then this wont be so much the issue. The issue comes more from reducing or boosting mid-bass and high bass frequencies. It may improve the tactile but it can muddy the audible sound.

So the way around this for those not using VR is a "virtual soundcard" and yes, there may be more than one software solution that is suitable for such.

VB Audio

It may seem a fair bit of hassle to go to such lengths, it's not recommended for everyone but what I would say is for those wanting to follow such, in seeking the best performance or control then I stand by this, even if being, only moderately hard to learn/grasp but a beneficial solution that gets around some compromises.

What would be possible is:
Soundcard 1 = Simvibe EM or CM (internal / motherboard audio)
Soundcard 2 = SSW 6 Channel (Asus DGX)
Soundcard 3 = Primary Audio Device - Audio Tactile (USB Card)
Soundcard 4 = VR via GPU (HDMI)
Soundcard 5 = Virtual Sound / secondary primary audio for spk / headset with own controls

I can think of a way and reason to be able to potentially use or mix any of # 1-3

Some Sims may have better operating effects with Simvibe than SSW. This is something I am trying to get more feedback from users on. Also discover which produce better front/back channel operation.

In general I believe SSW even with the current limitation or "bump" issues is perhaps more impressive solution. Yet my own testing has been with AC and not all the popular sims.

How one sims bumps data is used may not be the same for all. It seems SSW/Simvibe have some variation in this regard. Personally, I still prefer SSW (from AC perspective) and some of its own unique effects to that of Simvibe. I'm positive I have helped sell my fair share of SSW to people and all I ask is that Andre helps bring improvements for tactile owners in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for lot of questions, I think I got too excited :) I was trying to figure out how the connection with mixer works and the post grew too much.

Anyway you are right, this combination of audio and tactile is way above my experience level right now. Yeah, the costs keep growing, but it's what brings us "fun", everyone has different definition of "fun", so I think money spent on hobbies are well worth it, no matter costs, because if it didn't give us something in return, we wouldn't be doing it in the first place. :)

Thanks for link to VB and explanation, good to know the problem has solution.

When I looked inside Project Cars 2 shared memory, it supports all these terrain types besides many other variables:

TERRAIN_ROAD = 0,
TERRAIN_LOW_GRIP_ROAD,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_ROAD1,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_ROAD2,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_ROAD3,
TERRAIN_MARBLES,
TERRAIN_GRASSY_BERMS,
TERRAIN_GRASS,
TERRAIN_GRAVEL,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_GRAVEL,
TERRAIN_RUMBLE_STRIPS,
TERRAIN_DRAINS,
TERRAIN_TYREWALLS,
TERRAIN_CEMENTWALLS,
TERRAIN_GUARDRAILS,
TERRAIN_SAND,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_SAND,
TERRAIN_DIRT,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_DIRT,
TERRAIN_DIRT_ROAD,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_DIRT_ROAD,
TERRAIN_PAVEMENT,
TERRAIN_DIRT_BANK,
TERRAIN_WOOD,
TERRAIN_DRY_VERGE,
TERRAIN_EXIT_RUMBLE_STRIPS,
TERRAIN_GRASSCRETE,
TERRAIN_LONG_GRASS,
TERRAIN_SLOPE_GRASS,
TERRAIN_COBBLES,
TERRAIN_SAND_ROAD,
TERRAIN_BAKED_CLAY,
TERRAIN_ASTROTURF,
TERRAIN_SNOWHALF,
TERRAIN_SNOWFULL,
TERRAIN_DAMAGED_ROAD1,
TERRAIN_TRAIN_TRACK_ROAD,
TERRAIN_BUMPYCOBBLES,
TERRAIN_ARIES_ONLY,
TERRAIN_ORION_ONLY,
TERRAIN_B1RUMBLES,
TERRAIN_B2RUMBLES,
TERRAIN_ROUGH_SAND_MEDIUM,
TERRAIN_ROUGH_SAND_HEAVY,
TERRAIN_SNOWWALLS,
TERRAIN_ICE_ROAD,
TERRAIN_RUNOFF_ROAD,
TERRAIN_ILLEGAL_STRIP,

If there is some basic tactile feedback missing in software right now as you have mentioned, for example kerbs, then there is something definitely wrong.

I think it might be all about software implementation. You have access to all these variables and then I think it is matter of playing certain sound files at certain conditions with certain gain on certain channel.

As for SSW improvement, it probably all depends on if it is financially viable to add features etc. I know that software development is expensive, so it's up to whether new features bring more people to buy it. Maybe the market is growing now quite quickly as opposed to before, but it is still niche and most people have bought the software already. For this I think it would be best to have different business model, for example some targeted donations goals for additional features. If it hits the goal, then the feature would be added. Or new features for some additional price when it's done. Or modules supporting certain game with it's specific telemetry settings. But it's all up to Andre in the end.

I see lot of people on forums stating that even simracing games are expensive and they only buy it when discounted, moaning about paid DLCs etc. and that's for game in which they spend hundreds of hours for like 30 EUR. If they did anything else, going out to movies, pub, play sports, then it's definitely more expensive.

So it's question whether there would be more people understanding the need for additional funding and actually willing to contribute.

My brother who is programmer said it looks quite accessible - I mean the shared memory, so he will look into it. :) If it wouldn't be that time consuming he will try to play with it little bit. As I'm mostly interested in Project Cars 2 right now, maybe it would be possible to add another layer of tactile effects to other software. For one specific game / not commercial quality software with good UI maybe it will be possible :). However development of complete software for support across multiple games sharing different telemetry lots of compromises must be made I suppose, so that's probably why SSW might be lacking some features.

I myself would be willing to pay for example for module specific to Project Cars 2 which would enable handling of some of these important road effects.

Hopefully tactile feedback would be added directly to sim racing games in the future, but it is probably just a dream.

I just got SSW license, so I'm going to test it!

Upvote 0
I have asked several people recently on their views of me doing a thread for SSW, one for sharing the effects I have worked on thus far and then going through them, one at a time on the basis of 1 every 5-7 days.

The idea to let people try them on their own hardware and configurations but to get feedback on how good or bad they are working for people.

One point raised, is that like some other threads I have put a lot of time and effort into. That it won't generate much feedback from people or them be bothered to take part. Which then for me becomes just annoying, frustrating or disappointing and more representative of a waste of time than something I can share and enjoy with others.

Some have requested an iNuke thread on understanding the features but again how many will really care or show much appreciation for the time put into such?

Does the community really care, or is even bothered about such things?
Niche indeed but lots of people seem to follow the tactile on these forums and yes its not something that perhaps is discussed much these days on some others.

Maybe plenty of people are content and happy with default SSW files? I even get non-users of iNuke DSP questioning its benefits or stating its not needed. They determine this how? Or like many iNuke amp owners they have such but don't use it or find it complicated so don't bother with it?

Andre criticises me for not releasing what I have thus far in effects created in my own time with some help and testing from others. Yet I probably put more effort into helping or promoting "his own software" than anyone on these forums.

I have made clear the current issue of "car folders" and SSW slider settings not saving on a "per car" basis. Such is indeed needed simply because as tactile owners (not Jetseat) we find optimal feedback from different cars may require different slider settings. The need to continually have to keep moving sliders back/forth is required but a pain in the ass and not productive for the potential of even wanting to do "car profiles".

Yet Im pulling my hair out as how many people have helped voice support for this to get Andre to fix?

On the forums we can talk about bringing more understanding to tactile and doing helpful guides to learn the basics but it seems I myself sway between being excited to do such and just scunnered with my own continued drivel on this subject. Often I spend hours on responses to PMs which keep coming and I need a break.

Im not a software/programming guy, so regards the shared memory, "FFB" or "Audio" perhaps uses those list of "software events" you shared to generate for a response for the pre-recorded audio file? Not sure how FFB is implemented or indeed "Rumble" effects.

Tactile seems more reliant on X,Y,Z axis and G loads just like motion, that are present and generated in real time, based on the "driven car" used and its own physics modeling. These in turn alter in value/intensity which I beileve are relevent to the amplitude or in Simvibe determine what Hz are used for the effects response. Berney Villers often used the term "Dynamic" to describe this.

If Andre wanted to, I presume he could add more features and controls to SSW and even sell such as a SSW PRO version costing more money . Personally, I don't get it why he doesn't see a huge market potential for such and have his own software better Simvibe or become the No.1 choice for tactile immersion. His time is limited and he wants to focus on Jetseat so its unlikely he will bring the features needed for people like myself or others to create custom based effects and profiles for cars and the for the community to enjoy.

My hands are tied but again how many in the community are vocal on such matters to help sway his opinion or bring these. So I then feel uncomfortable trying to persue such repeatedly. Yet Andre has people like myself and others who have spent hundreds of hours in testing or file creation. That have good knowledge or user experience with alternatives like Simvibe and usage of multichannel configurations. That we can bring input and suggestions to help advance SSW potential with tactile and all this knowledge/experience and user beta testing does not cost him a single penny.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have asked several people recently on their views of me doing a thread for SSW, one for sharing the effects I have worked on thus far and then going through them, one at a time on the basis of 1 every 5-7 days.

The idea to let people try them on their own hardware and configurations but to get feedback on how good or bad they are working for people.

One point raised, is that like some other threads I have put a lot of time and effort into. That it won't generate much feedback from people or them be bothered to take part. Which then for me becomes just annoying, frustrating or disappointing and more representative of a waste of time than something I can share and enjoy with others.

Some have requested an iNuke thread on understanding the features but again how many will really care or show much appreciation for the time put into such?

Does the community really care, or is even bothered about such things?
Niche indeed but lots of people seem to follow the tactile on these forums and yes its not something that perhaps is discussed much these days on some others.

Maybe plenty of people are content and happy with default SSW files? I even get non-users of iNuke DSP questioning its benefits or stating its not needed. They determine this how? Or like many iNuke amp owners they have such but don't use it or find it complicated so don't bother with it?

Andre criticises me for not releasing what I have thus far in effects created in my own time with some help and testing from others. Yet I probably put more effort into helping or promoting "his own software" than anyone on these forums.

I have made clear the current issue of "car folders" and SSW slider settings not saving on a "per car" basis. Such is indeed needed simply because as tactile owners (not Jetseat) we find optimal feedback from different cars may require different slider settings. The need to continually have to keep moving sliders back/forth is required but a pain in the ass and not productive for the potential of even wanting to do "car profiles".

Yet Im pulling my hair out as how many people have helped voice support for this to get Andre to fix?

On the forums we can talk about bringing more understanding to tactile and doing helpful guides to learn the basics but it seems I myself sway between being excited to do such and just scunnered with my own continued drivel on this subject. Often I spend hours on responses to PMs which keep coming and I need a break.

Regards the shared memory, "audio" likely uses those list of "software events" for a response for the pre-recorded audio file? Tactile seems more reliant on X,Y,Z axis and G loads just like motion, that are present and generated in real time, based on the "driven car" used and its own physics modeling. These in turn alter in value/intensity which I beileve are relevent to the amplitude or in Simvibe determine what Hz are used for the effects response. Berney Villers often used the term "Dynamic" to describe this.

If Andre wanted to, I presume he could add more features and controls to SSW and even sell such as a SSW PRO version costing more money . Personally, I don't get it why he doesn't see a huge market potential for such and have his own software better Simvibe or become the No.1 choice for tactile immersion. His time is limited and he wants to focus on Jetseat so its unlikely he will bring the features needed for people like myself or others to create custom based effects and profiles for cars and the for the community to enjoy.

My hands are tied but again how many in the community are vocal on such matters to help sway his opinion or bring these. So I then feel uncomfortable trying to persue such repeatedly. Yet Andre has people like myself and others who have spent hundreds of hours in testing or file creation. That have good knowledge or user experience with alternatives like Simvibe. That we can bring suggestions to help advance SSW potential with tactile and all this beta testing does not cost him a penny.

I think it would be great to be able to try out some of your files, but as you say, it would be time consuming for you and I'm not sure how many people would give feedback so it might be frustrating if it doesn't raise much active interest.

It's all about people willing to experiment and offer help. However even me being new in the field, it seems to me you have put so much effort in, that you are probably with the biggest experience in the field and probably no one can really offer you much new insights. People can probably help / give feedback if they get involved to help in this way, but it's question if you don't already know most answers, at least what feels best for you on your current hardware / setup, so it's up to you whether you're willing to invest more time into the small community, probably with no other benefit than helping others.

I see that you have really lot invested and now you are limited by the software which you have basically no way of influencing. If Andre sees fit not improve the software for whatever reason, there's nothing we can do about it, even if you helped him with promotion / custom files / feedback. Maybe best to try to contact him personally but from what I seen from his public replies it doesn't seem he's interested to discuss further development openly.

I think most people who would like to have some improvement on the SSW already sent feedback to Andre in the thread / email and the rest probably doesn't care too much. I myself find it pointless to post multiple requests for features as Andre probably knows now what would be beneficial to include in the software however he's not interested to make these changes at the moment for whatever reason. I'm not sure if even a lot of people raised voices for some feature request it would help.

About shared memory I thought SSW works with conditions, but that's just my assumption. For example if certain wheel is on rumble strip, therefore conditon TERRAIN_RUMBLE_STRIPS = true and for example simultaneously CAR_SPEED > 50 km/h, then it starts to play certain effect for that channel to which the wheel is tied. In the telemetry, at least in Project Cars 2, there is a lot of information which could be used for determining what efects to run. I have tested SSW / tactile for the first time and it's great. However I think that I for example noticed, that it uses probably same sound file when going over rumble strip 80 km/h and 200 km/h, I'm not certain as I didn't have much time but it felt like this. It would be great if the software could speed up the playback and volume / gain based on speed, I think there are a lot of things like this that could be improved.

We'll have to see if Andre decides to move it forward or not. If not, we must hope that someone else will pick up the torch, but seems unlikely right now, as the market is probably too small...

Upvote 0
I just set everything up and work great so far, however noise and resonance is a no go at the moment for regular use. I'm just too worried about it, that I'm not able to enjoy racing with it turned on, especially in the evening.

I will be adding these layers of isolation as soon as orders arrive:

Anti-vibration mounts:

FLANGED MOUNTS

SANDWICH MOUNTS

UU SHEAR MOUNT

Anti-vibration / Anti-noise material

Layers:

1) DYNAMAT XTREME

2) STP Bomb Aero

3) Gladen Aero Neoprene

4) Gladen Aero Wave

Current setup:

P3040023.jpg

P3040024.jpg

P3040028.jpg

Antivibration mounts will be used to lift platforms for seat and pedals from the rest of the rSeat N1 to avoid direct contact and also allowing to run less volume on transducers while having same / better energy going inside body.

P3040026.jpg

P3040027.jpg

Whole rig will be placed on top of the platform.

platform.jpg

The whole rSeat N1 will be supported on secondary "mini platforms" (green). Between these and platform will be another layer of anti-vibration mounts (magenta).

The rSeat N1 legs (blue) will sit directly on green "mini platform" (green), probably without risers to make it more stable.

upload_2018-3-4_17-4-41.png

One problem I'm having is this longer metal plate (red - image below) on which pedal platform is bolted to. It is only attached in front via bolts (green) and the rest of it is hanging in the space creating bigger lever for vibration to occur. I think this is really problem.

upload_2018-3-4_17-10-53.png

I'm torn between trying to use Dynamat and other layers on it extensively to kill the vibration or to cut the unnecessary length and then apply Dynamat. In the end, the pedal platform will be on anti-vibration mounts, so it wont't be in primary contact with transducer but it still can get secondary vibrations. Anybody got opinion on this?

I'm planning to use Dynamat etc extensively as it is completely metal rig and having lot of vibrations going around. I will also try to insulate inside of the tubes, it has plastic caps which can be removed. I will at least try to make a circlular shape from this material Gladen Aero Wave to push it as high into the tubes as I can.

Initially I will try to avoid placing Dynamat on directly visible parts of the rig not to ruin the great looks, perhaps except that long metal plate and reinforcments shown on image below which are also causing a lot of trouble.

upload_2018-3-4_17-22-26.png

If it won't be enough I could add last layer of anti-vibration mounts between ground and the platform, but I hope it won't come to that :)

Upvote 0
For the sound deadening material I would test having a small cutting placed inside the U shaped metal section the seat runners are on.
Not the actual pedal or seat sections themselves. Dont know if applying the Dyna Matt material to these isolated parts may cause an issue with the felt tactile. That is something you can determine by testing and letting us know, we want it to kill the resonance but not the tactile within the actual seat and pedals.

You seem to be on the right track with the seat/pedals by later isolating these from the bottom section. As for the secondary isolation you may come up with a few ideas but I find even with my own when physically working and testing this can bring changes or ideas that are not expected or foreseen from first plans.

Do you need this rig to move if/when it is on a platform?

I have shared this idea below before but I dont think people take it seriously.
Imagine a wooden based platform with 5 of these in below it. This would not be easily moved however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes definitely, I would be putting Dynamat in all U shaped profiles I can reach, with exceptions on parts directly connected to the transducers in which I want to transfer energy to the body.

I'm on edge with the bridge in between sideplates.

upload_2018-3-4_22-6-31.png

On knock it gets lot of vibration, it's also U shaped profile. I'm thinking, that using dynamat on this from the back could actually help with separating left / right feeling if stereo would be added later. I will see how it feels without it and deal with it later.

The thing with Dynamat is that if you put it on once, you don't get it down, at least without the surface looking that somebody just puked on it :) So it will be hard decisions what to try and what not to.

The whole platform will move eventually using rear wheel traction loss, but that is way forward in future :). Just now when I will be building platform I calculate with the option adding necessary holes, using robust 3 cm MDF material etc.

Platform in center

upload_2018-3-4_22-12-11.png
Platform moved on the limit of rotation on the right side.

upload_2018-3-4_22-13-51.png
With this degree of rotation it will take approximately 2 x 2,1 m, so I would have to arrange space for that and maybe some kind of soundproofing to the room in general, as traction loss probably wont be exactly noiseless.

Air dampening is out of question, also because of its looks :)

Upvote 0
Finally most of the stuff just arrived today, I'm super excited for the weekend! :)

Here we go:

1) Beautifully machined 3 cm MDF board

1.jpg

2) Detail of parts which the rSeat will be sitting on

2.jpg

3) Vibration mounts

3.jpg

FLANGED MOUNTS

SANDWICH MOUNTS

UU SHEAR MOUNT

4) I have most faith for these in front, they are completely hollow, mostly for up & down action, they are rated for 50 kg each, they feel really squishy though, but I think they will work great for pedals

4.jpg

5) I think the rounded ones will be good for seat, they are rated around 70 kg each. These are also completely attached only by rubber and are multidirectional, it might be helpful when rear traction loss / motion is added.

5.jpg

6) rSeat will be sitting on top of 8 isolators like this. I think it will be the round ones, also to help with rear traction loss. Or maybe the vertical ones might work too. Once I figure that out, I will have to get additional ones. As I have now only 4 from each type for testing.

6.jpg

7) The MDF seems quite beefy, but maybe I will have to put metal plates under the wooden support parts to be sure it won't break.

7.jpg

8) In the middle there is space for motor for rear traction loss.

8.jpg

9) Isolation

10.jpg

DYNAMAT XTREME

STP Bomb Aero

Gladen Aero Neoprene

Gladen Aero Wave

10) Isolation

11.jpg

Upvote 0
Will follow this with great interest.
MDF looks rather good in the way its all cut and some nice looking isolators.

Michal, what I would do personally is not focus yet on an end design.
As along the way you may discover something or want to do something that may not then fit in with a previously determined plan or like the current base, is already cut out to accommodate plans for the RTL and how your ideal vision of things at this time may be.

The base section itself in my view should be off the floor to reduce the contact it has with the floor. Especially if vibration noise to other rooms is a factor. If its concrete floor then it's not perhaps an issue.

How we all consider to do things will always vary, what I would do at this stage is seek to have a basic platform or a cut section of the materials to be used. Not necessarily an already precut and designed section. So many tests to do, to mount unmount tactile, apply or position things.

Query?
Would it not be better to create a testbed of MDF. Place/attach the base part of the cockpit on it, perhaps without seat and wheel deck sections. As your seeking to isolate those individually anyways.

Perhaps concentrate on the base and secondary isolation and how the main cockpit section is going to be isolated but attached to it. Testing the tubing of the rig with some of the sound-deadening materials with different tactile temporarily attached and with various frequencies from 5-300Hz to try and determine what Hz may cause issues with the metal tubing even with potential isolators? If we discover this then we can also look to use the iNuke DSP to reduce or remove possibly culprit Hz.

Maybe, seek to test the different tactile with the isolators to see how each performs on a test bed for the main rig isolated to a MDF base section. After this apply other materials you have purchased to see how or what they can bring to improve the isolation or reduce any noise.

We don't have easy access to useful tools that can professionally measure vibrations. These are also expensive and generally used by professional mechanical engineers for various industries. What we can already own or have access too but while not scientifically accurate is to get a decent vibration app for a phone or tablet. Even better if we can use more than one device.

Have one attached to a surface of the cockpit frame, that has tactile secured but temporarily placed. Place a second (phone/tablet) also running the vibration app on the isolated MDF floor section.

You can also do the glass of water test, with two glasses to see the difference of ripples from one to the other. Some simple practical tests that will help determine how each application you test may appear to be better or worse. Run the tactile with different Hz but also at pre-determined volume and a considered method of doing repeated tests. Compare the vibration recorded on both of the apps. From this, we can then see the drop or loss of vibration by the isolated materials used with each test. Just as you can compare two glasses with water etc.

Alternatively, we can place the second phone/tablet on the floor to then measure the vibration from the cockpit base to the actual room's floor. Here we should see a further reduction based on what isolation and materials used is below the MDF base floor.

That's how I would try to monitor tests and get a feel for how the tactile reacts at different Hz or indeed energy levels.

It really depends how much or how far you want to do tests.
I'm intrigued as personally, I think still a lot can be better understood with regards this whole concept and help to better discover a solution or range of materials that work well or indeed how some compare.

Whatever approach you decide to do, Im going to follow what you do and learn from it what I can. Thank you in advance for being prepared to already invest in the materials you have and are willing to share your own findings in tests you do.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea