• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Build 798 Information: TrackMap etc

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by John-Eric Saxén, Jul 30, 2014.

1. John-Eric Saxén

John-Eric Saxén

Ratings:
    +743
    As I will face this question many times, here is the quick solution to get TrackMap plugin running:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11908-Released-TrackMap-0-94beta-for-rFactor2/page12

Also note that player data is now stored in player.JSON and Multiplayer.JSON. Following settings are mandatory as per rules, remember to change those:

• Virtual Rearview In Cockpit: true
    • Net Connection Type: 6
    • Upstream Rated KBPS: 256
    • Downstream Rated KBPS: 256

2. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    I just thought I would post up that when I had TrackMap installed for racing other cars other than FSR, that single-handedly led to connection issues which resulted in me D/C on the 1st lap in Canada........

3. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Well I checked the new files and there some things that bother me, like:

• Virtual Rearview In Cockpit: 1 - mine sais TRUE, not 1. I guess it's the same.
    • Rearview: 1 or 2 - I don't have this
    • Downstream Rated KBPS: 256 - I don't have this either

4. John-Eric Saxén

John-Eric Saxén

Ratings:
    +743
    Right, it seems Rearview is now obsolete, forget that. Connection settings are in Multiplayer.JSON

I would be very surprised if trackmap plugin caused your connection issues, considering probably something like 90% of racers here use this plugin.

5. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    It could have been the way I installed it or something, but all I'm saying is I was experiencing connection issues consistently and regularly practicing for the GP, DSQ from the race, ripped the files out of my rfactor 2 install, and never had the issue again....

6. James Sadler

James Sadler
    GhostSpeed Racing Manager Premium

Ratings:
    +265
    • Winner Winner x 1