BU0836 Doesn't show up in DIview in windows 7?

Hello everyone, I have a problem. I've used windows xp 32bit for a loooooong time now and when that installation finally got %&#"¤"!#¤!" (not working properly) I decided to test windows 7 32bit on another hard drive.

Anyhow, installation goes just fine, and both my SST, G25 and BU0836 shows up in the device manager:

1.png

as "game controllers":

2.png

but only the SST and the G25 shows up in the "game controller settings"-list:

3.png

The output from the BU0836 shows clearly in Poswdm.exe:

4.png

But ack, not in DIView:

5.png

Any suggestions?

This is driving me insane, I have to get this thing working if I am to convert to windows 7 from xp.

Edit: Oh and I forgot: DXTweak2 doesn't register the bodnar chip either :(

I have the exact same issue as you have; working flawlessly on XP but no-go in W7 (64-bit in my case).
I have read in various forum threads (don't recall exactly where atm) that early versions of Leo's BU0836 just don't work in W7. Which makes sense to me, as I bought mine back in 2006... don't know how old yours is though.
Best solution for me: I'll just go and buy an new one shortly :frown:

EDIT: I found out about this a.o. here:http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=821106&postcount=48

Upvote 0
That explains things, thank you Roland and Bjorn. Sad news for me though, because I've had the bodnar chip for a loong time. I must have been one of his first customers :p And there is no way to flash the firmware no?

Upvote 0
...And there is no way to flash the firmware no?

I don't think Leo has made any firmware versions publicly available, and you would have to have access to some generic usb-to-EPROM- flash utility I think?
Personally I don't wanna go there, I'll just order another one; they're not that expensive, especially considering flawless functionality for 5 years now..

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back