1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BTB Export to rFactor with new track name

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by DiamondLogic, Jan 3, 2010.

  1. DiamondLogic

    DiamondLogic

    Messages:
    31
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am totally lost.. I have completed my track in BTB and all I have to do now is name the track properly, but when I export it out to rFactor it does not show up in the rFactor track list..


    I can see it in Windows Explorer, and have tried everything I know, but I can't get it to show up as I want it to show up in rFactor, I can export it from BTB to rFactor with the original name that I called it and it works fine in rFactor, but I don't want it to be called 'TestTrack'..


    I have used Notepad to modified the 'TestTrack' .gdb, .scn files and changed all the file names to suit, to show the names that I want, but it still does not show up in rFactor..


    I have tried the BTB Save As 'NewTrackName' then export, still no joy..
    Please HELP!
     
  2. chub_pearson

    chub_pearson

    Messages:
    312
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried moving your original 'TestTrack' folder out of rFactor and then trying your new export?

    I say this because I'm pretty sure rFactor will only show up one track if your have two tracks with some name occurring in both of them. It happened to me once, but I can't remember the details . .
     
  3. R Soul

    R Soul

    Messages:
    958
    Ratings:
    +190
    You have to restart rFactor for new tracks to show up.
     
  4. DiamondLogic

    DiamondLogic

    Messages:
    31
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.. I have deleted the TestTrack folder, then have exported using a new name again, still with no joy..
     
  5. DiamondLogic

    DiamondLogic

    Messages:
    31
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have closed and started rFactor so many times, still no show..
     
  6. RT1971

    RT1971

    Messages:
    96
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure you haven't forgotten to tick all the boxes when exporting.
    Don't use spaces or underscore in your track names.
     
  7. DiamondLogic

    DiamondLogic

    Messages:
    31
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your advice, got it sorted..
    It would not export how I wanted it, but changed text in .gdb and .scn files but left all the file names the same..
    so the main and sub folders in rFactor are correct but still with the old name in Windows Explorer..