Broadband Limbo Thread - How Low Can You Go?

Lol Simon how did you test that on the iPhone, i want it too! I am sure ill go below zero with my connection :)

I tried to load RD on my iPhone a week ago and its almost done now :D

• vmagics

Oh dear God! I really have no idea how this thing works but i have 2 server choices in the UK - london and Maidenhead, neither of which are anywhere near me and they both give similar results.

Groningen-Amsterdam is simply to far! Thats the same as running a test in Buenos Aires in Argentina and try to download something in New York :thumb:
lol! :party2:

Yhe real problem is KPN not delivering DSL2+ here.. When will glassfibre come In the year 2346?

Speeds stay the same all over the globe (of course the ping gets crappy). Only South Africa is slow..
But NY:

• vmagics

Oh deary deary me.... With that upload I'd seriously think about getting your line tested :lol:
The thing is, I've played online quite a lot and have never once (to my recollection) had any problems with lag. Nor have I had any complaints about me lagging. Is this speed test flawed in any way? I'm genuinely curious because I am utterly, utterly clueless about upload speed, download speed, servers, pings 'n things etc.
I thought this server (in the speedtest) was a big computer which I connect to, via which I connect to the rest of the www/internet. If this is the case, how come there are 2 (maidenhead and London, both of which are at the other end of the country) to choose from? Also I'd be interested to know what it means when I am connected to a 'server' when I am playing a game online? Is this 'game' server more of a sub-server? Sorry for being a dimwit but as I said earlier, online/servers/routers etc. really aren't my field.

This will make you laugh :D Both tested within 5 minutes of each other through the same socket :D

Tested on my work laptop (I work for Openreach / BT)
501971181.png

Tested om my own PC
501973455.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back