1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Briatore and Symonds out !!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Andrew Evans, Sep 16, 2009.

1. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78668

2. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

Guilty as charged, just heard it myself, I thought Piquet was telling the truth, I could see no reason to lie especially when the telemetary showed he lifted everytime on that corner except the lap he crashed.

3. Wooooow. This could mean another new entry next season if they are thrown out of F1.

4. finally! great news for F1, nobody will miss Briatore!

5. I dont think Renault will be punished as they fire them.

6. i think they will - as they hold the team accountable.... i guess we'll find out monday... but this probably means bye bye renault.... :wave:

7. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

This would make a great forum game!

Fair play to Piquet for having the guts to come forward in the first place! Afteral, not many teams will employ a "grass"

8. I read on a newspaper that it was a deal, Renault fire them and then they will not be kicked out from F1, probably they will face only a $$$ charge, like Mclaren a few years ago.

9. yea, sounds reasonable... but what i meant is renault might decide to withdraw from f1 on the back of this....

10. Lol bye bye pumpkin head

11. I would not be surprised if they do withdraw.

12. I never liked that Briatore anyway,that full eaten blownup face says enough.
    To bad for Renault cuz they are a great team.
    Punishment will be heavy if guilty.

13. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I also think Renault will with withdraw and then we will have Sauber Ferrari in...

14. I thought Sauber/ BMW were on the grid already , down to FIA wanting to have 28 cars on the grid

15. They're petitioning the other teams for that Ben, it is not certain....

16. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I wonder how the FIA will view the accusations against Alonso now if Renault are basically saying "Yep, it's a fair cop, Piquet's right"

17. Couple of quotes from BBC:

18. Big news indeed.

I don't think they can prove Alonso was involved and personally I don't think he was. There is genuine surprise in his words to Flav post race about the timing of the safety car. It would have been quite easy to convince him to run light considering his pace in practice. All the safety car then does is wipe out the qualifying problem with the fuel pump abd puts him at the head of the field where he probably would have qualified.

Still think there is more to run on this though, the criminal charges filed against Piquet re: Blackmail for one.

19. Everyone's leaving their jobs today lol. Briatore, Symonds, Brady, O'Sullivan, Kenyon......

20. celebrity trends man; it was dying yesterday.... :nod: