• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new to rfactor, where do i start?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by fast bear, Oct 18, 2010.

1. fast bear

fast bear

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, iam totally new to rfactor ,just bought the game, where do i start, where are the best downloads? I;m looking for F1 and v8's . Once l download where do l actually put the files etc. Any help would b greatly received.

2. Wayne Reed

Wayne Reed

Ratings:
    +28
    Hi there fast Bear there are some awesome mods here at Rd in the downloads area also rfactorcentral is a good database for mods and tracks.

When you download mods they will come in a .RAR file or a .EXE file. With a .RAR you extract the files to a place on your pc that you know. then open your c drive (if this is were you have put your Rfactor install) and open the Rfactor file inside this you will see about 8 folders all you have to do is come the new things you have dowanloaded and past them in there let it over right.

If its just a track it will go here C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Locations Place them inside the Locations folder

.EXE files ask you were you would like to to install the data all you have to do is point it here C:\Program Files\rFactor\ it will do the rest for you.

Hope this helps if you need any more info please ask :)

3. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +501
    Hey FastBear, got yourself a great game mate, there are heaps of sites for rFactor mods and tracks.

I would start with the rFactor download section thats here at RD 1st, they have all the GOOD stuff here anyway :)

All RD downloads for rFactor can be found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/dlcat-rfactor-2/

The link below is to RFC or rFactor Central, so if you cant find what your looking for here try RFC. I think you need to register at RFC, but it's free.
    link

Cheers

4. fast bear

fast bear

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, thanks for the advice, the exe files ar easy to install. instaled the ferrari 430, easy, the rar files are a nightmare. I cannot open them to get the info out. Once you have saved it how do you open the file? it keps saying already installed. If l try to open it manually what method do l use. once downloaded the files have a red 2 on them. is this right?

5. Adam Eggbeer

Adam Eggbeer

Ratings:
    +115
    Have you got a .RAR extractor? You need one of these to extract the files out of the folder. You can get a trial of WinRar here.

6. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96

Ratings:
    +134
    Or you can get IZarc, which is completely free, here :)

7. fast bear

fast bear

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks guy got it working This is fantastic!!!!